Ocado Hatfield.

Mornin all.
Looking for some info about weekend work at Ocado.
Anybody worked there ? if so,what’s it like,hours,runs,wagons etc:?
Cheers.

Hi mate i used to work there driving the sprinters at the leeds spoke, If its class1 you have applied for , You collect a trailer at the CFC in hatfield and deliver shopping full trailer ( plastic boxes in roll cages they call them dollies ) ambient and chilled / single or double deck trailer, (they have a contract with mercedes so mainly axor 4 x 2 or occasionally and actros loan truck if they are in dock ,) drive to any of the spoke sites (they are listed on the website,) furthest north are currently leeds and manchester,they arrived in leeds for 5 - 5.30 am for the early shift and 1.30 - 2.30pm for the late shift,if no hold ups or smashes on the A1 ,one hit and return to base and no handball at the leeds spoke,just park up and kip for 45. Its quite cushy if you like trunking.

Hope that helps.

Cheers for that roadrunner. :wink:

Couple of agency drivers who I have worked with have done shifts in there and don’t have a bad word to say about it.

Ocardo is not a bad job. Most of the units are late model Axors with the odd Scania or XF. On day and afternoon shifts you normally run to one of the delivery depots where you help tip and then reload the trailer with empties, it’s all on wheels so it’s no problem. You sometimes get a second run which could be to another delivery depot or a collection from a supplier. Most shifts are between 8 an 12 hours. I haven’t done any night shifts so can’t help you on that one.

You have to do the asessment before they let you out with a double decker which isn’t too bad; just brush up on your highway code and drivers hours regs beforehand. They’re quite strict about that.

The only problem is I don’t get enough shifts in there lol. If you want regular shifts then you better off getting in contact with Colin from Pro Drive. From what I’ve seen and heard he’s a decent bloke. My agency sub the work from him so it’s a bit hit and miss.

Cheers Coffee and John,something else has come up at the minute,sounds an ok place to do a bit of graft. :wink: