Obviously I must have misread the highway code

Wednesday afternoon M1 j 28 to 29 while travelling throughthe roadworks I was in the centre lane passing a slower moving truck one of our ‘professional drivers’ from potters logistics NX60EAK passed me in the outer lane
Now unless the law has changed im pretty sure hgv’s are not permitted to use the outer lane of a motorway with more than 2 lanes, the speed limit through the roadworks is 50 mph ( you passed me like I was standing) and there is also a width restriction on the outer lane of that section.
And it wasn’t just a one off, you used the outer lane a couple of times before disappearing off into the distance.

No wonder we get no respect from other road users

Itchy trigger-finger, mate? :smiley:

oops! Posted on wrong thread. Nurse, where’s me mogadon?

vwgpmk2:
Wednesday afternoon M1 j 28 to 29 while travelling throughthe roadworks I was in the centre lane passing a slower moving truck one of our ‘professional drivers’ from potters logistics NX60EAK passed me in the outer lane
Now unless the law has changed im pretty sure hgv’s are not permitted to use the outer lane of a motorway with more than 2 lanes, the speed limit through the roadworks is 50 mph ( you passed me like I was standing) and there is also a width restriction on the outer lane of that section.
And it wasn’t just a one off, you used the outer lane a couple of times before disappearing off into the distance.

No wonder we get no respect from other road users

…and…■■