Obviously don't need my business

i have sent data academy at Leicester several emails and tried the numbers on the website but all to no avail. nobody answers the phone or replies to my emails. i need to do the cpc and i also want to do class 1 with them in September. i guess business must be so good they don’t need new customers.

kind of puts you off using the company anyway when ive not even booked yet and they are avoiding calls.

Your a better man than me. ONE email is all ill send. And if I dont get an answer,ill call. and if I dont get an answer after ive tried calling twice then I write a company of and wont use them,no matter how good their reputation.
Why are you so desperate to use them? Bloody sure I wouldnt give them any money. Not exactly filling you with confidence so far are they?

You’re right snowman, its becoming more hassle than its worth. i have the luxury of time as im not going to be training until October/November time. i am not paying for it, so i am looking for the best company i can find to give me a pass with as few retests as possible. they claim an 80% first time pass rate and they got a glowing reference from our very own rog. but the lack of contact with them is just down right unprofessional and i think i am going to start looking elsewhere. if im having trouble at this stage, what is going to happen if i need a retest? my guess is that they just wont be interested and im going to spend hours on the phone getting nowhere.

my first choice was peter, but thats just not possible i live too close for the residential course and i cant do the 40 odd mile commute each way every day.

when i can get hold of them i need to do the cpc first, so i can get a feel for them then. but if i cant contact them i will do the cpc with learndirect and try to find another training provider locally, not ideal because my nearest test centre is Leicester and they have a crap pass rate, which was my main reason for choosing data academy, they have their own exam centre so do not use the main test centre in Leicester.

jbaz73:

my first choice was peter, but thats just not possible i live too close for the residential course and i cant do the 40 odd mile commute each way every day.

Didn’t realise a limit on residential and travel.

Talk to Pete as I’m sure you can come to some agreement surely to help you out

yes, you have to be over 70 miles away for residential :frowning:

Sent you a pm

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

jbaz73:
You’re right snowman, its becoming more hassle than its worth. i have the luxury of time as im not going to be training until October/November time. i am not paying for it, so i am looking for the best company i can find to give me a pass with as few retests as possible. they claim an 80% first time pass rate and they got a glowing reference from our very own rog. but the lack of contact with them is just down right unprofessional and i think i am going to start looking elsewhere. if im having trouble at this stage, what is going to happen if i need a retest? my guess is that they just wont be interested and im going to spend hours on the phone getting nowhere.

when i can get hold of them i need to do the cpc first, so i can get a feel for them then. but if i cant contact them i will do the cpc with learndirect and try to find another training provider locally, not ideal because my nearest test centre is Leicester and they have a crap pass rate, which was my main reason for choosing data academy, they have their own exam centre so do not use the main test centre in Leicester.

First of all,forget the “retest” thing. You’ll pass first time. Thinking anything less will allow self doubt to creep in. Dont think about dealing with re tests unless the worse happens
Secondly (and excuse my daftness here) but whats a residential course? And why a milage limit on it?

jbaz73:
i have sent data academy at Leicester several emails and tried the numbers on the website but all to no avail. nobody answers the phone or replies to my emails.

I know DATA very well and that seems very odd

There are always two sides to be listen to and on this forum we have heard only one side

I suggest that both sides are listen to before any conclusion is made

A few years ago I seem to remember a case where a trainee who failed a C test demanded a retest at a certain time of day with a certain instructor, examiner and truck as well as asking for a preferred test route !! = seriously
Needless to say that trainee did not get what they wanted even though reasonable alternatives were offered
That trainee blasted the company for not doing what they demanded but did not mention their own demands of the company etc

I think one of the daftest was a trainee who wanted a retest later in the day as they could not get up in the morning - bit odd as most trucking jobs are early starts !!

whats a residential course? And why a milage limit on it?

Residential courses give folks more options when selecting their trainer. We’ve offered them for years. The training day is extended a bit, reducing the number of days, and we pay for the b+b. To keep it sensible we offer this, free of charge, to folks living more than 70 miles away.

Whenever I’ve been on courses myself I’ve always preferred residential so I could concentrate just on the training.

Naturally, it’s not for everyone. But many, many Trucknet users have booked residential with us and have no regrets.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

whats a residential course? And why a milage limit on it?

Residential courses give folks more options when selecting their trainer. We’ve offered them for years. The training day is extended a bit, reducing the number of days, and we pay for the b+b. To keep it sensible we offer this, free of charge, to folks living more than 70 miles away.

Whenever I’ve been on courses myself I’ve always preferred residential so I could concentrate just on the training.

Naturally, it’s not for everyone. But many, many Trucknet users have booked residential with us and have no regrets.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

It does indeed. Ive never heard of it before but it sounds a good idea idea. :smiley:

i would love to know whats going on. so far ive emailed them twice, messaged them through Facebook, rang the landline and the mobile. no answer to the phone calls, no reply to the messages. ive waited 2 weeks and to be honest i have found another trainer with a much more professional attitude and decided to use them.

jbaz, if this place is local to you, popping down in person could be a good call. If it’s a small, family run business, there might have been some kind of family event they have had to deal with.

Failing the above, just have a scout around on here and see who you like the sound of. Do a couple of assessment drives. Plenty of decent trainers on Trucknet.

jbaz73:
i would love to know whats going on. so far ive emailed them twice, messaged them through Facebook, rang the landline and the mobile. no answer to the phone calls, no reply to the messages. ive waited 2 weeks and to be honest i have found another trainer with a much more professional attitude and decided to use them.

How come everyone else gets an almost immediate response from DATA but not you :question:

Very odd indeed. Data always get back to me, usually within the hour.

I contacted data academy today and they called back couple hours later.
I live in leicester and am looking to get my class c licence.