obscure

thinking of getting a dash cam. Satnav already stuck on the windscreen. Has anyone been (or heard of someone being) prosecuted for windscreen being obscured by too many devices?

As long as it’s not in the “sweep” of your wipers it’s fine,a dash cam should be mounted in the same area where,in a car your rear view mirror would be pointing downwards this is so it catches anything that happens immediately in front of you too,if you place it at dash height it may not do.

It really should be in the wiper sweep area because of rain and general muck that gathers out of the sweep area. Mine’s at the top of the windscreen in the middle, only obscuring view of aircraft and birds.

Euro:
thinking of getting a dash cam. Satnav already stuck on the windscreen. Has anyone been (or heard of someone being) prosecuted for windscreen being obscured by too many devices?

You would be very unlucky. Mount it sensibly and you will be fine. Mine sits in the lowest possible point, between the wipers so is out of the sweep, but I clean my unswept area every morning because I can’t stand it being dirty so it’s ok.

I had, at one time, in the car a dashcam, satnav and phone holder.

Had a minor infraction, entered a bus lane 5 yards before the end, got pulled over but only to be told to clear the screen.

Moved the dashcam up by the mirror, satnav to the bottom and phone now lays on the seat beside me in silence.

Our company policy is to place it as low as possible next to the little (lane departure sensor?) box in the centre