OAP police car

thought I was seeing things today,a police dog van overtakes me and I look at the reg,a 56 plate,cant be right surely,i didn’t think the old bill used vehicles that old,but then the police are facing cutbacks,but a vehicle that old,surely not

Probably a workshop loan van while their normal one is in for service etc

Sent from the dark side of a Tachograph!!!

If it’s reliable I can’t see a problem, I can never understand why fire brigades are always buying new appliances.
Are you sure it wasn’t an old police van that some iffy security firm are using as a “dog unit” just to make them sound more important?

I’ve seen recently a 05 mk1.5 focus panda car in dorset

theres a few 53 plate pandas around this way…

Not at all unusual. Dog vans for example won’t do a huge mileage as they are normally only used by one officer for 40 hours a week (and even then he won’t spend much time patrolling in the van). The rest of the “off duty” time they will be parked up at his home “on call”.

Muckaway:
If it’s reliable I can’t see a problem, I can never understand why fire brigades are always buying new appliances.
Are you sure it wasn’t an old police van that some iffy security firm are using as a “dog unit” just to make them sound more important?

Oh man those annoy me. Had one trying to look important around me on my bike, diamondbrite down the sides, “SECURITY” on the bonnet, n association with the POLICE on the doors. I shook my head at him and buggered off. :laughing:

What annoys me more is the tossers on motorbikes now who have ‘polite’ notice on a hi viz in a deliberate attempt to look like Police even though you’d need to be an idiot to think it was a police motorbike. Bunch of window licking morons who are obviously thick enough to think it helps in anyway.

A little off topic - but the St John’s ambulance wannabe paramedic but can’t brigade annoy me.
As an ex embalmer I’ve forgotten more about anatomy than they will ever know yet any event you go to they are there trying to look important. Then when someone faints or breaks a finger nail one of the fat tossers comes running over all excited. Nobbers.
Rant over.

Muckaway:

I wouldn’t say fire appliances are always being replaced. The average life span is 10-15 years, just check auto trader. Many brigades have only just disposed of M to V reges. And seeing as they do low mileage and always driven hard from cold, it wouldn’t bother me if all emergency vehicles were replaced at 3 years old. Rather it was reliable when my arse is on fire. But along the op’s theme, has anyone seen the dodgy vosa Galaxy on the A14 in Suffolk? 08 plate with vosa on it, not dvsa

Muckaway:

no idea,but it was marked up in police livery

tomk86:
A little off topic - but the St John’s ambulance wannabe paramedic but can’t brigade annoy me.
As an ex embalmer I’ve forgotten more about anatomy than they will ever know yet any event you go to they are there trying to look important. Then when someone faints or breaks a finger nail one of the fat tossers comes running over all excited. Nobbers.
Rant over.

Ha ha. As an (ex - well kind of ex), paramedic this was always a subject close to my heart. I ‘dated’ a nurse for a while who turned out to be fairly senior in the local SJAB - I went to one of their meetings - not sure how I ever got laid again in that relationship or indeed how I didn’t get thrown out of the place :slight_smile:

W.

Will probably be owned not leased, as they do not put them back to estate car spec when selling on.
Like to park up at Loeminster and go to Brightwells auctions, plenty of ex rozzer cars go through. A nice Zephyer 6 with Ferguson four wheel drive was there the other week in the classic auction, one of twenty odd made for police evaluation.

Are fire appliances driven from cold these days? Years ago I went in a visit to the local fire station, they explained that the appliance is plugged in when not in use to keep the batteries topped up and to keep the engine oil and water heated to optimum temperature. Having said that, with all the cuts going on (in the worlds 5th richest country!) I wouldn’t be surprised if this has now been dropped

Muckaway:

There was a security guy in E. Lancs area who had an old van in Police colours, with that written on the side, with his pet dog in the back.
He wore the stab vest with black and white chequers on, SWAT baseball cap,.and mirrored shades :laughing: , posing around like Robocop, :laughing: This guy really thought he was a copper. :smiley:

Some of the landrovers in Belfast are from 20 years ago and covered in large rust patches They just paint over the rust I think, then after the knuckle draggers do their rioting in the summer the rust must come back in the autumn.

Haven’t RSPCA been ticked off a few times for misleading people to thinking they’re not civilian charity workers but attached to the police and have powers of entry and can charge people and all that? Seem to remember something.