O’Toole - Bellshill

Hi guys, newbie here!

I have an assessment at O’Tools in Bellshill coming up and I’m just wondering if anyone has had any past experiences with them?

I see that they run fridges into the north of France from my research and the rigs seem very nice from the pictures.

Any ideas on the hours of work/pay/reputation? This would be my first job in the industry if successful.

Cheers

Edit* - also on a side note, why do Irish companies do more European work than UK Haulage firms?

Most of the O’Toole drivers I see are EE, they do a lot of bakery products from France.

CPCxx:
Hi guys, newbie here!

I have an assessment at O’Tools in Bellshill coming up and I’m just wondering if anyone has had any past experiences with them?

I see that they run fridges into the north of France from my research and the rigs seem very nice from the pictures.

Any ideas on the hours of work/pay/reputation? This would be my first job in the industry if successful.

Cheers

Edit* - also on a side note, why do Irish companies do more European work than UK Haulage firms?

Decent outfit to work for all legal and good plant, you’ll be doing the fish to Boulogne and possibly Rungis, backload out of northern France and Belgium, don’t know what they pay in the UK but in Ireland they are above average. If you’ve no family ties then they’ll keep you as busy as you want, tell them you’ll stay out for 6 weeks and the job will be yours :smiley: :smiley:
With regards more Irish doing Europe it has taken longer for the EE to come over and take the work, although it is starting to happen with certain shippers loading EE over Irish. A lot of the export from Ireland is multi drop and so not as appealing as one hit loads

Your first driving job and you’ll be on the fish run! Rather you than me, talk about a baptism of fire. Had my fill of that over the years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is fish runs not particularly great? Is it hard pushed or something?

GOG47:
Your first driving job and you’ll be on the fish run! Rather you than me, talk about a baptism of fire. Had my fill of that over the years!

Is fish runs not good to do? Are they hard pushed?

On the fash, keep er lit, don’t be late and the agent will ring you to see were you are once or twice.

Nearly as bad as delivering the packaging to the fish processing plants, and they have nearly run out, phone didn’t stop ringing… Quick tip tho :smiley:

CPCxx:

As stated, flat out to the train, agent will be on the phone checking where you are and you better be on schedule, grab a half hour nap on the stinky express then into Boulogne and battle for a bay to get tipped then a battle to get a wash out then finally find somewhere to get your 9 off. It’s great, you’ll love it[emoji849][emoji1787]

GOG47:

CPCxx:

As stated, flat out to the train, agent will be on the phone checking where you are and you better be on schedule, grab a half hour nap on the stinky express then into Boulogne and battle for a bay to get tipped then a battle to get a wash out then finally find somewhere to get your 9 off. It’s great, you’ll love it[emoji849][emoji1787]

You’ve really sold it well to me lol

Often see O’Toole in our place, return load of cheeses and poultry pieces for the UK and Ireland.
Always been a paddy driver when I’ve spoken to them.