O License Revocation

Evening all.

Is there a way of finding out why a company has had it’s O license revoked?

I’m just curious about Southampton Containers Ltd. Ken Jackson always seemed to be a straight, no nonsense sort of bloke but he had his O license revoked a few years ago.

Dude - there’s a link for the traffic commissioner’s stuff off the directgov website - where you can do ‘o’ licence searches by licence number, name, keyword, even postcode I think. I use it for my day job when checking bus operators’ o licences or service registrations. yawn.

here’s the link:

gov.uk/lorry-bus-operator-search

Used that site before.

So out of date, it isn’t funny! It says the license has been revoked but not the reason why,

Oh just seen ‘why’ - dunno how I missed that. One of the journo’s on here like gasgas might be worth asking as they seem to know how to get info on public enquiries etc for reporting in the press. I think you can download ‘notices and proceedings’ with brief info on PI’s, only ever needed to look at these for bus stuff though.

Here we go - it’s called ‘applications and decisions’ on goods licence stuff. This link should allow you to search for any PI involving that operator or for decisions on licences but dunno how much info it’ll give.

tan.gov.uk/tanen/vosa_anonym … ch_new.asp

Well, I found the right section but it just says “License revoked without public enquiry”

So I’m still none the wiser.

{Licence Revoked without Public Enquiry} would basically mean that a letter or visit from a T/C or his deputy pointing out that particular operator was not fulfilling his responsibilities as agreed in his application for an “o” licence and that it would be in his own interests to avoid a Public Enquiry to agree to have his licence revoked or given up voluntarily.It may well be that the operator was’n’t willing to surrender and had to be reminded of his responsibilities by revocation.