O` Licence question

I am an Olicence holder and so is my brother. If we go into business and form a partnership, going from Sole Traders do we have to re-apply for an Olicence in both our names or can we run the partnership on 2 O`licences with different vehicles on bot

Thanks

Tim

more info needed :wink:

are you going in to this as a Ltd Company partnership?

if you are changing the base classification of the business, then you will need a new O Licence application

You will need to read up mate but i think you new limited company can own the othere two operations.

Do check this out though, a call to the t/c office will i suspect provide the stock answer ie new licence.

Download the application pack and have a read.

mixer driver too:
I am an Olicence holder and so is my brother. If we go into business and form a partnership, going from Sole Traders do we have to re-apply for an Olicence in both our names or can we run the partnership on 2 O`licences with different vehicles on bot

Thanks

Tim

Can you not form one joint company and sub the work out to both yours and your brothers existing companies.

shuttlespanker:

if you are changing the base classification of the business, then you will need a new O Licence application

No, not limited. 2 sole traders, with separate O`licences, combining interests and assets as a Partnership.

mixer driver too:

shuttlespanker:

No, not limited. 2 sole traders, with separate O`licences, combining interests and assets as a Partnership.

Form a ltd company between you, then sub work to each of your own companies, and that way assets are safe too and so are O licences , and if the limited co gets taken for a ride its goes pop and thats it you are both safe with your trucks…and if you fall out its a simple division.

mixer driver too:

shuttlespanker:

New application needed as it will be x & y trading as
why bother? seems a lot of mither for little gain to me, “combining assets and interests” sound’s like one partner helping the other out to me, partnerships often fail anyway!