o licence question

does anyone know if you need a international licence to run to france solo :question:

I haven’t done it myself, but a restricted O licence covers you for carrying your own goods nationally and internationally and with a Standard National licence you may carry your own goods on international journeys
So I don’t see a problem - although it’s a long way from here :wink:

If you are just going on a fuel run, then it is sort of legal. But i am not convinced how economical it is.

If you have to pay full pops on a ferry as a one off customer, a drivers wage and expenses, unless you have some very big tanks. I dont think it is worth it

IMHO of course

I run to belgium for fuel and I do so on an international licence (I dont know the legalities but I also dont want to have to argue them with a gendarme either)

I am also running on a green card for full insurance My broker has managed to negociate a special rate just for fuel runs and I was the first operator in the country to get this insurance cover

If you are interested my broker is

Truckinsure Croydon - 0208 274 6570 (Paul Batchelor)

Wheel Nut:
If you have to pay full pops on a ferry as a one off customer, a drivers wage and expenses, unless you have some very big tanks. I dont think it is worth it

IMHO of course

Look on your other thread at my figures to see whether you think it is worth it or not

As you are carrying 1500 litres I can see it makes sense, but anything less I would doubt it. I have standard tanks on my Renault and only hold 900 litres.

There is a milk tanker company who ship out to Cherbourg every Saturday, one driver and 6 units. He has to run about like a blue arsed fly to get the trucks through security and onto the ferry :confused:

Wheel Nut:
As you are carrying 1500 litres I can see it makes sense, :confused:

there was a article in CM a few weeks ago saying tanks that size will need ADR at some point in the near future :unamused:

Denis F:

Wheel Nut:
As you are carrying 1500 litres I can see it makes sense, :confused:

there was a article in CM a few weeks ago saying tanks that size will need ADR at some point in the near future :unamused:

I know the government tried to change the adr rules a little while back to stop the fuel runs.
They wanted to lower the limit for diesel under the adr regs to 500lt nut as it is a worldwide rule it never got off the ground as no other country backed them.

sorry not me, i didnt write that, it was a quote! :stuck_out_tongue:

There is already a limit for ADR of 1000 litres. But as long as you have 2 seperate tanks you can carry 2000 litres if you have an 11 metre wheelbase :laughing:

My fat fingers I’m afraid it should read but not nut :blush:

north surrey haulage:
If you are interested my broker is

Truckinsure Croydon - 0208 274 6570 (Paul Batchelor)

Did any of you ring him in the last couple of weeks he rang me to say he had a sudden rush on enquiries regarding the fuel run only green card & wanted to know if it was down to me :laughing:

And you told him yes and enquired when the cheque for your commission would be in the post? :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:sunglasses: :laughing: