O licence extension

Hi all, we are in the process of upgrading our o licence to an international one and adding 1 more truck and trailer. Vosa are obviously being very helpful and speedy. I know that time scales depend a lot on so many factors but in your experience what is the expected time scale? I want to take on a new driver and have a used unit ready and waiting and hope for it all to be in place by Christmas, is that realistic??

firstly, if you are currently running on a standard national O Licence, you cannot simply ‘upgrade’ to an international O Licence, you need to apply for a completely new O Licence

you can upgrade the number of trucks on your current licence, if you have already sent in the relevant forms, newspaper advert and fees, then there should be no reason for it to be complete before christmas

All forms etc sent in, advert in the paper so fingers crossed! I take it the international re-application is a longer process then?

MysonVinnie:
All forms etc sent in, advert in the paper so fingers crossed! I take it the international re-application is a longer process then?

VOSA normally advise you to wait 9 weeks, but maybe if everything is in place and you have been a good lad previously, Christmas may be possible :exclamation:

No problem boss, started my upgrade two years ago, they still havent sorted it, or got it right, and by the way, i spoke in person with the tpt comissioner…

I was a good lad at school, it’s all gone downhill from there!

Me too, right up until i got expelled, for not doing as i was told/… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: