O Licence disk isnt here yet

I’m an owner driver , 5 year fee paid , disk printed according to VOSA who I phoned on Friday, but I havent got it yet ? … If I get pulled will I get done ? … Ive proof of postage of my renewal 2 weeks before it was due, and VOSA say I’m fine … but the renewal states , failure to display valid disk is an offence ? what would you do if you needed to drive ? … run the risk of some VOSA/cop gestapo sticking to the letter of the law ?

if it was me id run, having a problem with dvla at the minute with the tax disc 10 days on still not tax’s disk :imp: :imp:

I would run and if you did encounter a by the book VOSA officer I would cause an almighty fuss about it, they need to play by their own rules, all this ■■■■■ footing around them just gives them more power :unamused:

If you are doing things right, then you have nothing to fear from them :bulb:

Ok Thanx guys … I need to roll tomorrow and am a bit panicked a bout it . The guidelines state posting the stuff 2 weeks before renewal which I have done, but they havent kept their end of the bargain, by returning it in that time with my disk. I know the o licence is fine, but I’m just sick and tired of the prospect of having a tussle with some pen pushing half wits at the road side, if I get stopped ? :imp:

FlatbedFlyer:
Ok Thanx guys … I need to roll tomorrow and am a bit panicked a bout it . The guidelines state posting the stuff 2 weeks before renewal which I have done, but they havent kept their end of the bargain, by returning it in that time with my disk. I know the o licence is fine, but I’m just sick and tired of the prospect of having a tussle with some pen pushing half wits at the road side, if I get stopped ? :imp:

I hear you, good on you, if more people stood up to them they might lose their self importance a little :bulb:

Take a copy of your authorisation and any correspondence with Vostapo with you. and your permit. it will be on the system anyway as on your licence so no need to worry. i put a long term hire truck on ours 2 weeks ago. disc still not arrived. Driver was pulled at Harlow. “on your way driver its on your licence and you have a copy of it with you”

Run on anpr anyway

But if doeuro do NOT ship out without new authorisation
Our eu cousons fine heavy for this
Last one 18 months ago i know of same situation 5001 euro fine in spain
And not mmtm crap saw receipt aswell.

And also make sure you don’t have the office copy. Telephone number sized fine for that one.

I was pulled about 6 months ago on a556 with no disc in the same circumstances as yourself. VOSA just toddled off and did a check in the office and had no issues with it.

kjw21:
I was pulled about 6 months ago on a556 with no disc in the same circumstances as yourself. VOSA just toddled off and did a check in the office and had no issues with it.

That’s the experience I was looking for … thank you :wink: … They dont seem to be able to join a few brain cells together sometimes :unamused: hence my apprehension … no disks as yet … a week late now :open_mouth:

Disk finally arrived today, and the renewal on the licence is now 10 days after the disks expire ? whats that all about :question: Anyway … moral of the story is… dont ■■■■ about … if you dont fancy running about with no disks, as the renewal says its an offence to do so … send in your renewal as soon as it arrives on your mat :wink: