O Licence Disc

Sorry if this has been covered before, I am currently working for a company who have a unit on long term lease, however there is no o licence disc on display, I was under the impression that you need to have the disc on view ? Employer seems to be unconcerned, my question is, are there any repercussions for the driver for failing to display a valid operators licence disc? P.S. They do have discs on view for the company vehicles.

we had a brand new truck on lease that did not have an o’licence displayed, did my daily walk round and put it on the defects sheet and even wrote it on the blackboard saying it had no o’licence disc. Spoke to the driver the next day who’s wagon it is and he said it was “on order”, truck had been registered just waiting for disc to come through.

I think with VOSA if it’s a new truck (to you) and it’s not displaying your companies o’licence they can check to see if the truck is registered on company o’licence and if the disc is on it way and i’d imagine they would let you go.

I am sure somebody on here did write saying VOSA pulled him and asked where his o’licence disc was as it had slipped down the front of the heater. But VOSA were happye enough because it showed up on records.

If i’m horribly wrong i am sure someone will happily correct me.

cheers

Greg.

pete-b:
Sorry if this has been covered before, I am currently working for a company who have a unit on long term lease, however there is no o licence disc on display, I was under the impression that you need to have the disc on view ? Employer seems to be unconcerned, my question is, are there any repercussions for the driver for failing to display a valid operators licence disc? P.S. They do have discs on view for the company vehicles.

if your company as a margin IE O/L say 10 trucks but he only has 8 the he can run a truck for 30 days with out showing a disc but there would have to get one by then , if there have no margin then there would have to reapply to increase is O/L for more trucks which takes about 9 weeks,

7.7 Any vehicle which is being used on the margin can only be so used for one month. The
vehicle ceases to be authorised if you do not notify the Traffic Commissioner about that
vehicle within the month, and pay a prescribed fee. At that time you must also return your
licence documents including the vehicle list, with a completed form GV80 listing
registration marks.

the bit underlined, i would say no cos you are not the operator but if you have a defect book put it on there and make sure you keep a copy