O Licence Books

Thinking about doing my O Licence and I was just wondering are there any books that anyone would recommend to help with the learning and also any companies that do the teaching part in West Yorkshire

Tia Maria

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Available at: zeppelinit.com

Hope you have a great day

Get the EOS manual and if you hunt about you can get it for a decent price

Make sure it has the latest updates though just to be on the safe side. They tend to come out after some of the exams and deffo when allowances etc are increased

IMHO EOS is the only one worth buying. The printed books are all blinking expensive and you can’t find anything in them when you’re pushed for time in the exam

You can order EOS notes direct from here:

Did mine with the FTA in Leeds. All the materials needed were provided, 2 week course and a 2 day pre-exam study course. They are City and Guilds though so its a closed book exam with just three government approved publications in the exam room, you can make notes in the booklets though to reference.

nsmith1180:
Did mine with the FTA in Leeds. All the materials needed were provided, 2 week course and a 2 day pre-exam study course. They are City and Guilds though so its a closed book exam with just three government approved publications in the exam room, you can make notes in the booklets though to reference.

do you have a link to them or a contact I just get the regular FTA site. I’m thinking about doing mine

dafpower:

nsmith1180:

do you have a link to them or a contact I just get the regular FTA site. I’m thinking about doing mine

Yes I’d like a link too,
Cheers

Clive Pidgeon
A Study guide for the Operator certificate of professional competence (CPC) in road freight.
Kogan Page
£20 or thereabouts
Read and re-read until your forehead starts to bleed.

How has the exam changed over the years ?

I passed mine in about 1980, I just bought ‘Transport Managers Handbook’ read it over and over again and then just sat a very simple multiple choice type exam.

Do you actually have to go on a course now, I take it is al very different and complex now