o licence application

Has anyone you know or yourself been turned down on a o licence based on your criminal record

yes. depending on what the offences are. normally any fraud, violence to others, any form of tax evasion, anything to with drugs, people trafficking, terrorist organisations, the list goes on

cheers for the info…what was the person you know refused for

adam1987:

Might just be quicker to tell us what you have been done for :wink:

chaversdad:

adam1987:

Might just be quicker to tell us what you have been done for :wink:

Was going to ask that very question … but thought I might get “shot down” :unamused: … wonder just how naughty he’s been :blush:

Gbh served 30 months inside which is the threshold…it was 9 years ago

i admire your honesty mate, i personally dont think you would have an issue but i,m no expert so hopefully someone can advise you better

I think the only way you will know for sure is to apply, be honest and give explanations on how you are a good boy now, you may be called before the commissioner but at least you will know but even better will have a chance to explain your side of your application.

adam1987:
Gbh served 30 months inside which is the threshold…it was 9 years ago

As far as I can remember, you don’t have to declare convictions which are “spent” under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, which yours would be. Check the guidance notes which come with the GV79 though, I’m sure it’s covered there.

you were a bit slow I knew someone who did time for gbh and took his transport managers national and international whilst in there.

A bloke who asked me to be his TM had his application for a Standard National Operators Licence turned down, as he had been in prison for GBH a few years before. It comes down to the ‘’ Good Repute’', that is required.

Well im going to put it in regardless
My conviction is not yet spent
Cheers for info lads ill keep you posted

If I was to take a guess, I’d say that it would probably be granted but that you’ll have to go stand on the TC’c carpet and lick a bit of bum first.

Harry Monk:
If I was to take a guess, I’d say that it :smiley: would probably be granted but that you’ll have to go stand on the TC’c carpet and lick a bit of bum first.

Not a problem :smiley:

Its a woman (in Yorkshire anyway !)
:smiley:

Update
O licence granted yesterday. I did have to write in detail about my offences and told them im still on community service but went through regardless

Nice one mate, glad they gave you a chance

Well done mate on application