O Dear !!

Bet he doesn’t go down here again :

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ … er-9149552

Why are taxis afraid? I’m guessing the detour takes abit longer for them to earn more money.

Used to do multi-drop round Manchester city centre in the 60s. There was a sign at the top and bottom of Jutland St. saying heavy motors, tractors and locomotives prohibited.
Strange in these days of rules and regulations there is no modern day equivalent of that old sign.
We used to ignore the sign in the old Albion, except if it was wet, because you would not get to the top for spinning on the cobbles and not stop at the bottom for sliding as if you were on black ice !! ( don’t ask me how I know this ) :blush: :slight_smile:
Regards. John.

“We sometimes get taxi drivers refuse to take us down that road because it is so steep. So for the driver to be high up in the truck and still attempt it was quite unbelievable.”

Obviously never been down Sutton bank, Staxton Hill or Garrowby Hill. Equally as steep and I doubt anyone would think twice about those.

Berriedale Braes make Sutton Bank and Staxton Hill like a stroll in the park :slight_smile:

Went down Sutton Bank in an artic car transporter c/w peak. Had a collection at a farm to the East of it and was too long to turn. Good job nothing big coming up at the same time though!

roughyed:

Agency men on the car transporters now :unamused: :grimacing:

Never driven these things, but, could he not have raised the suspension on the prime mover and reversed?
Or am I being an idiot?

old 67:
Used to do multi-drop round Manchester city centre in the 60s. There was a sign at the top and bottom of Jutland St. saying heavy motors, tractors and locomotives prohibited…

Surely you’ve gone wrong if you found yourself there in a locomotive? Chooo chooo!

Melvyn and laura coote sound a right pair of muppets for saying IT WAS REALLY FUNNY THOUGH,instead of finding a way of helping,and then saying for him to be so high up and attempt it was unbelievable,idiots

seth 70:

roughyed:

Agency men on the car transporters now :unamused: :grimacing:

oh dear, another sad anti agency comment

James the cat:

old 67:
Used to do multi-drop round Manchester city centre in the 60s. There was a sign at the top and bottom of Jutland St. saying heavy motors, tractors and locomotives prohibited…

Surely you’ve gone wrong if you found yourself there in a locomotive? Chooo chooo!

Aye your right but even in the 60s there were still old signs about prohibiting road locomotives or " steam lorries " as we refers to them !!
Regards. John.
P.S. I’m back off to the Old Timers Forum now :blush: :laughing:

and some one can’t count either, 6 cars… looks more like 9…

as for lifting the air suspension, the arse is at max height on the unit, it’ll most likely be on steel on the front, but the trailer may have a raise/lower valve, but forgot to use it…

Silly bugger would have made it if he’d been going fast enough :slight_smile: Seriously though, the arse end is well up so he’s effectively dry bogged it. As for the muppett locals… ■■■■■■

Sorry for putting this up had to be done !
This is jutland st Manchester Could go on a rant
But whats the point . I know the road well
So lets say you are a stranger ! it would have looked like you were about to
drive of a cliff . Taxi drivers do not use it
Anyway i think we all know who is to blame
Un plug it and thow it away . Manchestereveningnews.co.uk
Put in truck stuck .

image.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=125783 :wink:

O Dear is right
Was posted yesterday :grimacing:

Now you do realise this is not remotely funny :unamused: :laughing: