O/D in Ipswich or Felixstowe area, can you help please?

Some of you may know a bit about me and how much trouble I’m having trying to find someone to take me on, due to my complete lack of experience driving anything bigger than a Car. That’s zero, in everything ‘big’ :blush:
Anyway, I have somehow persuaded VDB to give me an interview, but part of the interview will be me doing a drive. Errrrrrr Help.
Would anybody like a ‘drivers mate’ for a couple of days or one day? I would like to do a bit of driving but ‘words of wisdom’ is also very important. Watching a pro at work would also help.
I’ll pay or buy your lunch/dinner or the Teas.
I did try RTT first, but they are fully booked until the end of July and the interview is on the 1st July.

Sorted, I found a ‘hidden’ local Trainer, on eBay of all places. :unamused: Booked 2X4hrs with him next week, but it’s a Waggon and Drag, Oooo that’s a new one for me. :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

TOTALLY Inexperienced C&E Driver with FLT, HIAB, ADR & Drivers CPC, looking for any Driving work.

At least you’re telling the truth ,that should get you a long way in the trucking game !
My first TIR job I told the guv’nor that I had loads of experience .The first trip was to Marseilles . The gu’nor said he’d come with me. I didn’t know the way & he didn’t either . We arrived in Calais in the morning & didn’t get to the outskirts of Paris until nightfall ! LOL

hi you do not know what the future holds and we all started as inexperienced
new drivers just take the test drive and give the guy a safe ride and make him
or her feel that you can do it, the yare teaching people and any one will tell you
we all had to start at the bottom and learn the job, just take it easy and ask questions
no matter how stupid they may be as its better to feel a idiot in the yard as to spill
a load by making a mistake because you never asked, on this site are lots of us
who have driven tankers /containers The Dutch love using the Dutch built
tankers and the valves are different to the German and English type,
pay attention to the people who teach you , and one tip write it down
you can not remember every thing all at once it takes time and a book
with information written down will help you, I used to also keep various musters
of custom forms and CMR and KVO (freight-note) TO HELP ME OUT;
ALL THE BEST AND LET US KNOW HOW YOU DO PLEASE;

Thanks Harry and Pete, :sunglasses:
This is a very long time coming, it started in '96 when I did the Artic, PCV and ADR all in a two week course as part of my end of RAF service resettlement course. I came away with just ADR. :blush: Too much in such a short space of time.
I had to double the clutch to be able to charge gear, now look, Automatic gear boxes. :laughing:
Then lives little ‘problems’ put a stop to everything for a good few years, then I passed my C+E and then the recession :unamused: :unamused:

I’ll let you all know how I get on, hopefully some newbies like me :cry: can see there is a ‘future’ in this industry. :wink:

Just spotted your post Dino. What are you doing on Monday ? I’ve got a leisurely day booked, Little Tey then Rainham in the afternoon. Both Containers, 1x 20’ the other a 40’.

It’ll probably cost you more in tea than the ebay chappy though ! :wink:

Goaty:
Just spotted your post Dino. What are you doing on Monday ? I’ve got a leisurely day booked, Little Tey then Rainham in the afternoon. Both Containers, 1x 20’ the other a 40’.

Nice one, I’m now free on Monday to buy you all the Tea you can drink. :smiley:
Thanks. :smiley: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:
PM to follow. :smiley:

dinosteveus1:

Goaty:

That kind of talk will see you bankrupt ! :open_mouth: :wink:

By the way I’m afraid the PM is on other duties so we’ll be ruffing it in one of Maritimes cast off’s. :cry:

Goaty:

dinosteveus1:

Goaty:

we’ll be ruffing it in one of Maritimes cast off’s. :cry:

Is it an Actros?

No, things aren’t that bad yet RB. Tis an old 4 series. :grimacing:

Goaty:
No, things aren’t that bad yet RB. Tis an old 4 series. :grimacing:

Wheres the Popemobile ■■?

Ah, the best Scania in show winner 2010 ! :wink:

I’ve hired it to another Iveco aficionado, his PM has a ■■■■■■ cylinder head. :neutral_face:

After you’ve been out with a driver for a day or two and say driven for a day with an old hand sitting next to you passing on pearls of wisdom about coupling/uncoupling and reversing, just join an agency and blag how much experience you have, that’s how I did it anyway. Couple of weeks and you’ll be laughing, still have to concentrate hard all the time but you’ll be on your way.

Silver_Surfer:
After you’ve been out with a driver for a day or two and say driven for a day with an old hand sitting next to you passing on pearls of wisdom about coupling/uncoupling and reversing, just join an agency and blag how much experience you have, that’s how I did it anyway. Couple of weeks and you’ll be laughing, still have to concentrate hard all the time but you’ll be on your way.

Good advice, Thanks. :smiley:

12 Hours with Goaty on Monday was great, how many cups of Tea can one person drink in a day :laughing: Some great words of wisdom.
Today, 4 Hours with Charlie, a local Driving instructor, out around Ipswich in a W&D. Well worth £160 and it was a nice drive. No Curbs and just very enjoyable, although the gears caused a few probs to begin with. It was a very old Volvo with a ‘splitter’ (I think). 8 gears in total.
Ready for Thursday. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Thanks again Paul. :sunglasses:

How did your interview go ?