NZ questions and local knowledge needed please

Hi all,

Me and the wife are looking at going to NZ asap and im planning a recce trip prob in dec or jan. We are set on going to the bay of plenty area and im wondering if anybody knows what fuel companys wich operate tankers are in this area so i could approach them in advance. Ie… shell, bp. I would like to continue to drive tankers and think this would be my best option. I realise im cheating a bit by asking you guys but sometimes local knowledge is key!! :laughing: I have a class 1 and full adr (uk) so will have to get nz adr over there but i presume a few days in the classroom again would fix that problem. Does anybody also no if i have to resit a test for my licences or if i can swap them straight over ive read a few conflicting reports and dont know wich one to believe.

I really appreciate anybodys responses to my questions and again if someone is all ready in this area that could give me a bit more local knowledge that would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance paul… :grimacing:

No probs with your class one, just have to do theory test, scratchcard.
Not sure about your adr, over here you get a dg (dangerous goods) endorsement on your licens

john.d.m:
No probs with your class one, just have to do theory test, scratchcard.
Not sure about your adr, over here you get a dg (dangerous goods) endorsement on your licens

Hi john.d.m.,
NZ isn’t a member country of the ADR agreement, so I’m afraid a UK ADR licence wouldn’t be valid in NZ.

Having said that, once the OP explains to his prospective boss that he’s had the UK equivalent of a DG endorsement for some time, it might prove to be to his advantage if there’s competition for a tanker job. :smiley:

:bulb: ADR is currently valid in 46 countries, which is most of mainland Europe, plus UK, Eire, Morocco and Tunisia.
The US, Oz, SA and NZ all have their own versions of Regs for the carriage of dangerous goods by road, but the basics all come from the UN.

Yep Dave, The Dangerous Goods endorsment on your license over here is a 2 day course.Cant remember price of it, though could find out. The endorsements you can get are, R.T.W Rollers, tracks, wheels (diggers loaders etc etc) F= forklift, and DG, dangerous goods. I not got the DG yet,but will fit into a course when company I sub for gets the next one sorted. I got the rest and the "I" endorsment, as Im now a driving instructor.I can instruct/assess in anything I got on my license Classes 1,2,3,4,5, RTW,F