NW TRANS INT

JUST TO ANSWER SOME OF THESE POINTS TRIP MONEY IS NOT ILLEGAL, RUNNING FOR A PERCENTAGE OF THE TRUCK IS I PAY £525 BARCELONA R/TRIP/£625 VELENCIA R/TRIP/£550 MADRID R/TRIP. ALL ALL TOLLS

REGARDS NICK

NW TRANS:
JUST TO ANSWER SOME OF THESE POINTS TRIP MONEY IS NOT ILLEGAL, RUNNING FOR A PERCENTAGE OF THE TRUCK IS I PAY £525 BARCELONA R/TRIP/£625 VELENCIA R/TRIP/£550 MADRID R/TRIP. ALL ALL TOLLS

REGARDS NICK

I understand it’s also illegal to pay the driver by the mile/km.

Ross.

NW TRANS:

REGARDS NICK

And is that all they get or is there anything else on top ?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome NW TRANS :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I am still of the view that paying a driver by the hour is the SAFEST way to do it as it does not encourage or tempt any breaking of the laws.

PS - Using UPPERCASE is regarded as SHOUTING on forums like these :wink:

trip money was made illegal late eighties and 525 is not alot if u get wkended but u will get some barmpot willing to do it

apart from chance of been weekended!! realy what is the diffrence runing euro or uk so why should you think you should get paid more■■? for running euro work, basically its the same apart from driving on the on the right hand side,

globby 480:
apart from chance of been weekended!! realy what is the diffrence runing euro or uk so why should you think you should get paid more■■? for running euro work, basically its the same apart from driving on the on the right hand side,

Not a case of being paid more really is it ? when you think a Barcelona and back can quite easily turn in to a week and a half depending on how you hit the driving bans and ferries etc etc then 500 odd quid for a week and a half is a ■■■■ poor wage or has the whole world now accepted that it is normal for a driver to have to deal in tobacco in order to supplement his wages ?

Welcome NW Trans.
As ROG said, using capitals is considered as shouting in most on-line situations.
ROG likes to shout his name though :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

melbro and Bigr250, I think you guys will find that neither trip money or mileage money is actually illegal.
VOSA and TC’s aren’t keen on either method of paying, so are more likely to take a keen interest in the records of companies who use these systems for wages.
BUT, VOSA and TC’s not being keen on something doesn’t make it illegal.

A few companies I know pay by trip money.
I’ve never worked for them for that reason.
Lucy is paid a basic wage plus mileage and other bonuses (at least she was the last I heard). OKed by the TC.
I have worked for companies which paid a basic wage plus mileage and other bonuses, until fairly recently.
Anyone who takes a job paid purely on mileage must have VERY good reasons for doing so :open_mouth: .
I certainly wouldn’t take a job paid that way unless I absolutely had to.

Paid by the hour probably suits most drivers, but does it suit most bosses?
Is there something wrong with paying a driver who puts some effort in more than a driver who doesn’t ?
If not, how can you measure the extra effort put in, if not by productivity?

well globby 480 like i said some barmpot will work for trip money and if you think there is no difference apart from being on the right you are probably the ideal candidate for a week and a halves work for that money happy trucking

hi there, the driver that i sent out this trip left on friday loaded manchester down to newhaven landed dieppe 24hr w/ended somewhere in france he will be back friday afternoon i will do all the deliveries on monday. ido agree its not the best wage but its all ican aford to pay the rate has gone down for export £150.00 in one month and the only way to get this back up is to get rid of these eastern block trucks there are hundreds sitting around and everytime i quote for a job i get undercut. if you only knew what kind of trouble this industry is in you would be at every port stopping them coming in.kind regards nick

hi nick i totally agree with you regarding eastern block firms i am responding to drivers thinking it is just the same as driving in uk and money is good idrove international before they lifted borders thats when it became easy for the so called international big wheelers any one who could drive a truck becme super truckers overnight no more waiting to clear sat at la jonquera or irun or aosta avin the crack with the seasoned drivers i would love to do it again but the money is not in job any more if you ave step frame box nick i may be able to help regards mel

NW TRANS:

REGARDS NICK

do you need any drivers?
the person i have in mind is a bit old fashioned. as he dosn’t call daf aid out every five minutes, and can fix his own truck.

hi all,previous trip to velencia £625.00 left friday and was back the next saturdy lunch,but thats after i work out how much derv he gave away to a eastern block truck who had run out(wht a plonker).rgds nick

euromat:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It’s been mentioned mate.

melbro:
hi nick i totally agree with you regarding eastern block firms i am responding to drivers thinking it is just the same as driving in uk and money is good idrove international before they lifted borders

Mel, I also come from the pre load and tip era, sitting in Behobia waiting for your trailer number to be scribbled onto the blackboard, or La Jonqera returinig to the agants office waiting for the clearance to go and tip. I actually agree with Globby 480, if anything it’s easier than driving over hear. Service area full in UK so park on the slip rd onto M’way and get moved or arrested, in Spain or France as long as your not in anyones way your not disturbed. The roadside facilities are better by far, a mate of mine who’s away all week on UK bulk tippers is lucky to get 1 shower a week, most nights it’s ‘baby wipes’ and bed.

For certain the ‘craik’ has gone out of the job but that doesnt make it bad, just different. There will always be someone who’ll do the job for less than someone else, then again the job is also littered with bull ■■■■■■■■ who spout off about “I wouldn’t get out of bed for less than £650 a week pluss exies”!! We’ve all caught one of these out havn’t we. I was on a ferry with just such a twerp in 1999 telling me he was earning £700 a trip doing Spain in a Brand new Globetrotter, cool eh? Getting off the boat in Dieppe I saw him, he was driving for a good mate of mine who I knew for a fact was paying £425 per trip at that time.

Go figure!!

Ross.

PS, good luck to anyone sticking it out in International transport today, I got out in 2006 cos I saw no future in it.

Do you not think that Globby 480 might be a bit busy to drive for NW Trans? especially after buying another truck.

what i was trying to say on this if you and should be ABLE TOO!! round trip in a week if all goes to plan “ok its road transport i know” but if it all goes tickity boo, and you can be back in the 5/6 day the money aint to bad for this current climate, but you will always get your gold chained heros wanting and saying i would get out of bed for this and that and when the truth is known most are getting out of bed for less,
the ave take home pay these days around this area seems to be ““day work!!!”” £350 ish and i say ISH, and nite out money on top… and the offer what has been offered aint to far out is it, and as stated it is just a little bit easier than over here,

Wheel Nut:
Do you not think that Globby 480 might be a bit busy to drive for NW Trans? especially after buying another truck.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sounds good nw if u need a pilot give me a shout, good money that esp since i been on job seekers giro since them eastern wonkers stole my work,