NVQ's and advanced Driving

I’ve been informed that me and the other drivers are going to be assess form NVQ training. I’m keen to get something driving based as i gained NVQ Level 3 customer service years ago, and know how to speak to and deal with customers.

Anyone any experience on driving NVQ’s.

I’m also wondering if there is an advanced driving test for class 2 HGV’s? I have my IAM For the car and did hold my ADI licence a few years ago. Over the years have held Nation B Motorsport licence and was training to teach the Police ect roadcraft and the ‘motorway cops’ driving, but circumstances dictated otherwise.

any advice would be great.

My company have said they will look towards paying for training if it’s relevant to my job (I work for a plastics company and not a haulier, so no need for ADR, forklift, HI-AB ect). The upcoming CPC will also be paid for by work.

Finally, am i right in thinking that the current drivers CPC is what transport managers should have gone through? Is the current CPC any good? What’s it about and has anyone on here done it?

Many thanks

The driver CPC is completely different to an operators CPC, there are no exams, only so many hours of training over time to gain the certifacte of attendance, whereas an operator CPC has exmas to A-level standard, do a search for CPC or browse the FAQs for more information, or wait for ROG to pop up with his always helpful links.

jybson you have a PM

tofer:
The driver CPC is completely different to an operators CPC, there are no exams, only so many hours of training over time to gain the certifacte of attendance, whereas an operator CPC has exmas to A-level standard, do a search for CPC or browse the FAQs for more information, or wait for ROG to pop up with his always helpful links.

…and here he is - THE PERIODIC (ongoing) DRIVER CPC

jybson:
I’ve been informed that me and the other drivers are going to be assess form NVQ training. I’m keen to get something driving based as i gained NVQ Level 3 customer service years ago, and know how to speak to and deal with customers.

Anyone any experience on driving NVQ’s.

From the little I know about the DGV (Driving Goods Vehicles) NVQ, it is a person with a tick box who checks that you do what is written on their check sheet.

jybson:
I’m also wondering if there is an advanced driving test for class 2 HGV’s? I have my IAM For the car and did hold my ADI licence a few years ago. Over the years have held Nation B Motorsport licence and was training to teach the Police ect roadcraft and the ‘motorway cops’ driving, but circumstances dictated otherwise.

any advice would be great.

If you have the use of a truck then you can do the IAM commercial LGV test - I did cos you get the nice blue badge as well as the red one :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jybson:
My company have said they will look towards paying for training if it’s relevant to my job (I work for a plastics company and not a haulier, so no need for ADR, forklift, HI-AB ect). The upcoming CPC will also be paid for by work.

Finally, am i right in thinking that the current drivers CPC is what transport managers should have gone through? Is the current CPC any good? What’s it about and has anyone on here done it?

Many thanks

The OPERATOR CPC (Transport Managers one) has absolutely nothing to do with the DRIVER CPC.