NVQ With Driver Direct

Hi all, i posted at the end of last summer regarding this level 2 NVQ thing. I signed up with driver direct and was told i had to do the NVQ but it would be paid for by the government, i did it, passed and im still waiting for the certificate. Called up driver direct, said the would look into but to date i have heard nothing. Now the thing is i was only given 1 bit of paperwork with it so i have no contact details or anything, all a bit shady if u ask me but has anyone had dealings with these and could maybe give me a few pointers. Cheers fellas

Is it this DRIVER DIRECT :question:

thats it rog, i went with the sutton lot, any ideas then mate

johnny boy:
thats it rog, i went with the sutton lot, any ideas then mate

I know nothing about them at all.

Depending on the verification process, there can be quite a delay in the issue of certs. We, for instance, collaborate with a local FE college for NVQ provision. When the job is done, the folder goes into the college for the attention of the IV (internal verifier). Then the college holds the folder until the EV (external verifier) visits. This can all delay the job by a few weeks. Then the cert is issued.

But there are quicker methods that can be utilised if the circumstances are right. This includes direct claim where the trainer can claim the certificate directly.

So there are no hard and fast rules. But a wait of up to 8 weeks isn’t unheard of and shouldn’t imply anything “dodgy”. :laughing: :laughing:

Hi all after giving up hope of seeing this certificate i wake up this morning wishing the postman would hurry up as it is my birthday today and guess wot, in amonst all my birthday cards is the certificate for my NVQ from Hull college, wot a relief, wot a day to come to that and ive got enough money now to book up my C+E so im well chuffed.

Congrats on getting the certificate!! :sunglasses: What a birthday present eh? Good luck with the C+E training :smiley: