Nvq driving qaulification

hi all.could any body shed some light on this nvq qaulification that my new boss as put me down to do.he does say it goes towards your cpc hours but i only need 7 more hours and ive done the 35 hours .is this a case of putting me through a course and then if i leave i owe thousands of pounds etc,.is this nvq qaulification in driving law,and has to be done.any help or info would be great.

We’ll be going to university soon to learn how to drive lorries :laughing:

NVQ gee me peace :unamused:

gazmac:
hi all.could any body shed some light on this nvq qaulification that my new boss as put me down to do.he does say it goes towards your cpc hours but i only need 7 more hours and ive done the 35 hours .is this a case of putting me through a course and then if i leave i owe thousands of pounds etc,.is this nvq qaulification in driving law,and has to be done.any help or info would be great.

The stand alone NVQ has finished - its either part of an ‘apprenticeship’ now or its a QCF qualification which is stand alone but not many training companies will do it 'cause its not worth a lot financially. Don’t think it counts towards DCPC.

It won’t be costing the boss … or more than likely not.

Most NVQ for Driving Goods Vehicles are funded. the trainer then illegally uses some of that funding to pay for the supposedly ‘free’ DCPC.

NVQ is usually assessment only - not training so i doubt it counts as DCPC in its own right.

I believe they get about £1800 per person from public funds.

There isn’t a legal requirement to do an NVQ …

The nvq’'s are normally apart of apprenticeships aimed at young people who want to learn how to drive trucks but may not be able to afford to do their licenses etc. As what was recently seen on stobarts tv show with the ‘apprentices’ they were doing that exact qualification and some hauliers have advertised this usually big distribution chains…But it isn’t a legal requirement. Just something that tells you you can do what everyone else does without it :unamused: Sort of like my warehouse operative ‘nvq’ something telling me I can do what everyone else is doing without the qualification :laughing:

But hopefully I won’t have to carry it on for much longer :wink:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses: