NVQ covering cpc

Heard the othe day that by signing up for a driving nvq you get the cpc thrown into the mix.Obviously ■■■■■■■■ but maybe someone on here could confirm??..oh
it’s gratis as well according to this oracle i met Yeovil way. :astonished: :open_mouth: :neutral_face:

manalishi:
Heard the othe day that by signing up for a driving nvq you get the cpc thrown into the mix.Obviously ■■■■■■■■ but maybe someone on here could confirm??..oh
it’s gratis as well according to this oracle i met Yeovil way. :astonished: :open_mouth: :neutral_face:

I am fairly certain that the NVQ alone cannot count because their is no training - only observation
A NVQ with additional training could count if approved - the training bit would count as hours

I did a NVQ in driving goods vehicles. The modules were almost identical apart from one. I had to pay for the day which was not part of the NVQ but the other days were funded so didn’t cost me anything.
Your Oracle was not talking bollox.

I have NVQ in driving goods vehicles and it counts for nothing :imp: NVQ = No Valuable Qualification.

Couple of blokes at my place are doing it and they get their 35 hours cpc for free as far as I’m aware. Not sure how they dropped onto it though.

ROG:
I am fairly certain that the NVQ alone cannot count because their is no training only observation -

A lot like the DCPC then, ie. no training, (in REALITY) just being seen to be going through the motions for payment :bulb:

Carl-H:
Couple of blokes at my place are doing it and they get their 35 hours cpc for free as far as I’m aware. Not sure how they dropped onto it though.

from what my trainer explained, the last government made funding available to help train people - the NVQ being one way. This funding has now been withdrawn (as far as I’ve been told) and is no longer available.
Got to be honest, I didn’t pay too much attention to how it was funded, just that I had to pay for 1 day myself which I thought was a result.

NVQ - “No Valid Qualification”

What’s the driving test for then? A licence is good for whatever class if vehicle is on it isn’t it?

Job specific training is just that. Specific to that role so a ‘catch all’ type ‘qualification’ is just a waste of time a la DCPC.

NVQ = waste of time.

manalishi:

Its not ■■■■■■■■. This is how I got my 35hours dcpc for free. The NVQ level two in Lorry driving was free aswell. I think the funding has finnished and it was only in midlands area.

Still don`t know much about how it worked. I just told to have a NVQ person sit in truck for the day and that was that.

Got NVQ certicate and then 3 months later did my 35hours dcpc. HAPPY DAYS!!!