Nuneaton 14'9" bridge

has suddenly become a 14’ 3" bridge :astonished:
it’s the arch bridge on Hinckley Road.not been resurfaced,so wonder what that is all about…

Is that the one on the A5 or the one on the A47? Has someone belted it recently?

A.

Adonis.:
Is that the one on the A5 or the one on the A47? Has someone belted it recently?

A.

the one in the town.we go to our store near there.i heard some clown belted it last year.

If you go into Exeter on Honiton Road there’s a 14’6 bridge now it’s 14’3,the road hasn’t been resurfaced or changed as far as I can see.

Can’t see why it has been changed height wise tho it looks the same to me.

That’s just asking for a bashing!

I can already hear it, “but me satnav said it was…”

A.

Adonis.:

Since those trusting the sat nav will be mocked when they hit it, I wonder if we’re allowed to use the excuse “The truckers atlas told me it was…” :wink:

As for it changing heights, that’s probably a conversion from official EU feet back to imperial feet?

trevHCS:

Adonis.:

Since those trusting the sat nav will be mocked when they hit it, I wonder if we’re allowed to use the excuse “The truckers atlas told me it was…” :wink:

:laughing: yes,my Truckers Atlas shows it as 14’ 9" :confused:

carryfast-yeti:
has suddenly become a 14’ 3" bridge :astonished:
it’s the arch bridge on Hinckley Road.not been resurfaced,so wonder what that is all about…

That makes 2 bridge’s in the Nuneaton area they’ve done that too,
The 14’ 9" bridge just OFF the A5 has lost 6 inches for no reason,
turn off the A5 a bit further down from where the A444 crosses the A5 and on to the B4111 Woodford Lane and the bridge is there.
I’d been under it a couple of times with a 40ft HC box which is 14’ 6",
Went towards it a few weeks ago and spotted the new height signs of 14’ 3".
I caused chaos turnings around but thought sod that it’s not worth the gamble.
When I arrived at the company the other side of the bridge they confirmed over night the signs just changed.

If a bridge says 14.3 its 14.3 ,hit it its your fault you should know your vehicle height,end of

Maybe there’s them stalagtites dangling down from the arch… :smiley: