Numpty of the day award goes to

When i worked at Salversens at Heathrow the barriers were forever getting bashed, i can’t see why they don’t make them higher so at least they are visible out of a truck windscreen :confused:

cypry0:
When i worked at Salversens at Heathrow the barriers were forever getting bashed, i can’t see why they don’t make them higher so at least they are visible out of a truck windscreen :confused:

Because then smaller vehicles would scoot right under them. :wink: Some barriers do have a thing on top of them which is about truck screen level.

Coffeeholic:

Dunno then?:

jimboy124:
I would Like to join the ■■■ brigade after I hit a car up the arse last Thursday at a roundabout … It was a classic case of me looking right at a traffic light controlled roundabout and the lights were green and matey (with his 8 month pregnant wife and toddler in the back) decided to stop !! Mind you it was my first ongeval with another car in 19 years of driving a truck ! There was more damage to my Renault twingo/premium ( coffeholic calls it that ) than the Yaris !!

Huh? :question:

Dutch word for accident.
Just be thankful he didn’t use his favourite Dutch phrase which is asking if he may indulge in a spot of ■■■■ ■■■■■■■■■■■ with you!!! He uses that one a lot, a hell of a lot, but to the best of my knowledge has never got a yes in reply. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Ta :wink:

At Wilkinsons in Worksop, when tipping containers, they put a stack of red pallets in front of you to act as a reminder…normally they put them 4 or 5 ft away from the unit so you can see them…

Well…i must have been stretched out on the bunk when they put some in front of me one day…cos i got the shout from the bay…jumped out, got my keys (well…a spare set!!) and paperwork, jumped back in, fired her up…looked forwards, didn’t see any pallets so though they had been moved (or never put there) and off i went…for about 6 inchs till i smashed a stack of red pallets all over the place…■■■■■■ had put them almost touching the unit, and numpty here didn’t bother to check his wide angle mirror…
Just sat there and watched the forkie stack em back up again…

If it was an Ongeval, it was probably in Belgium so they don’t count… They rely on Catholic Icons to stay alive :laughing:

jimboy124:
I would Like to join the ■■■ brigade after I hit a car up the arse last Thursday at a roundabout … It was a classic case of me looking right at a traffic light controlled roundabout and the lights were green and matey (with his 8 month pregnant wife and toddler in the back) decided to stop !! Mind you it was my first ongeval with another car in 19 years of driving a truck ! There was more damage to my Renault twingo/premium ( coffeholic calls it that ) than the Yaris !!

Coffeebollock can get [zb] as he nicked that from me! :angry:

Rob K:

jimboy124:

I did tell him where it came from Rob when I first used it in referring to his new vehicle.

Coffeeholic:

Rob K:

jimboy124:

I did tell him where it came from Rob when I first used it in referring to his new vehicle.

:smiley:

I had brand new merc unit and parked up at an asda somewhere or other. in front of me was one of them metal sign thingys that sit on one of them thar plastic bases saying wait here or something like that. It was in front of the n/s light cluster and I thought, I’ll have to remember about that. Then it was a wave and a come on drive!! and a crash, wallop, thud, tinkle and a wrecked set of lights and a badly damaged step. oh well, ■■■■ happens. makes you feel a right tool though.

mind you, this takes the biscuit. two weeks ago mate was up at ASDA IDC at magna park. guy in front had 26 full load. forkie took them off under new canopy and run them into warehouse. then he brought them back out and put them back on trailer. night ■■■■■■■ sorry manager, said he was too early for his booking and made him wait until booking time, then took whole lot off again. I’d have kicked night ■■■■■■■ arse out the door for not only wasting time but also for being stupid prick of the year.

funniest thing i seen was a tesco numpty in chepstow fuelling up then started to wash his screen with the long brushes then jumped into his cab to pull forward and pulled the nozzle off the fuel pump i was sat there on the goods in bays round the back watching when it all happened funniest thing was when he realised 2 or 3 of us were watching it and he drove into the trl park and walked back in a different jacket as if he was going to fool us all lol

Coffeeholic:

Dunno then?:

jimboy124:

Huh? :question:

Dutch word for accident.

Just be thankful he didn’t use his favourite Dutch phrase which is asking if he may indulge in a spot of ■■■■ ■■■■■■■■■■■ with you!!! He uses that one a lot, a hell of a lot, but to the best of my knowledge has never got a yes in reply. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Well i dropped my wallet after sayin “mag ik jou in de kont neurken” in a dutch tank station when it was full of men … I kicked it all the way back to my truck !

Rob K:

jimboy124:

He told me it was your copywright ■■

C-Kay:
Me :blush:

I’ve done some silly things in past 18 months, but i think today took things to a new level. I managed to crash before i’d even left the yard :blush:

There i was, waiting at the entrance/exit to Arla’s, i’d already signed out and was waiting for the security guard to open the barrier so i could go.
A tanker was in the other lane weighing in, so the guard was dealing with him.
I wasn’t really payng attention, i was messing about with the radio, trying to get it onto fivelive for trafiic, while trying to make eye contact with the guard so he knew i was waiting.

Anyway, out the corner of my eye i see a barrier lift up, so i finish mucking about with the radio, had a quick glance up, handbrake off and off i went. [zb] here had parked too close to the barrier, so i couldn;t see it below the window, and crash, straight into the barrier that hadn’t been lifted, straight through it as well because it didnt make a bang until it had reached the back of the unit and smashed into the underrun bars of the trailer. I managed to completely rip the bloody thing right off :blush:
S$&t happens to us all, and thers an old saying to the ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ who laughs last laughs longest, but who really gets the last laugh? Any way the important thing is that only pride was injured and we’ll all live to fight another day, chances are we’ll probably ■■■■ something up as well, to the amusement of by standers :grimacing: Good on yer for being a brave little noddy and posting it on here!

Loads of ■■■■ taking greeted me when i got back to the yard this afternoon :angry: :blush:

:open_mouth: … the guy who wrapped his car into the fence in the yard as he came into work one morning in the snow :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
should`ve gone to specsavers :laughing: :laughing:

You know who you are :grimacing: …and so do we :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses: :open_mouth: :grimacing:

Another numpty for the flock, here. Did the driving through the barrier thing at a customer in Bradford a few years ago. I’d parked too close to it so I couldn’t see it, got out to ask where to go blah blah blah, and had completely forgotten it was there by the time I got back in and pulled away. Crunch. :blush: :grimacing: :grimacing:

:grimacing: :grimacing:

I used to do a binmans job that involved collecting pallets. At one drop it meant pulling the ■■■■■■■ thing up a hill so you had to take a run at it. There was a barrier to go through and the security bloke would lift it when I arrive (didnt need to drive in just go in with pallet truck) and I would pick up the pallet and run up the hill dragging the pallet behind. I’d dump the pallet then being in a rush as I was then, I’d let the pallet truck roll back down the hill to its’ ■■■■■■■■■■■■.
One day there was a different guard on the barrier. He let me in, I picked up the pallet then charged up the hill like the 7th cavalry. As I got close to the barrier I realised the ■■■■■■■ guard had dropped it again! I shouted to him to lift it but it was too late so I had to stop and go back to the bottom and start again as I’d lost my momentum! ■■■■■
Anyways, I tipped the pallet eventually and having finished with the pallet truck I did my usual and let it go to run down the hill. Only matey boy had dropped the barrier again. I didn’t think it was a problem as it was only a pallet truck. You should have seen matey boys’ face when the pallet truck smashed through the barrier sending pieces of plastic flying everywhere!

I almost couldn’t drive for laughing! :grimacing:

On our company we have a hiab truck, the trucks main contract is to install and repair, security barriers, when the maintance guys, install , service and repair them, i would personally say, keep up the good work lads, its one of our better jobs…lol