Number plates France

I don’t get out much any more (lack of nursing staff to accompany me) so didn’t know until the weekend that the frogs had changed to boring old euro-style and type numberplates - is it just me or does it seem a bit crap that everything’s going the same?

The idea is that the vehicle now retains the number for life,before if you lived in Department 35 and bought a car registered in 22 ,it would have to be re-registered in Dept.35.
The French goverment have now set up a data base for all the new style registrations and people are saying this may mean the return of road tax in France.

Bring back them yellow headlights I say. :wink:

Harry Monk:

Yes, otherwise how else are Mr and Mrs average going to let the neighbours know what intrepid explorers they are if they can’t paint the headlights when they drag the caravan to a site in Normandy each year. :wink: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

Harry Monk:

Yes, otherwise how else are Mr and Mrs average going to let the neighbours know what intrepid explorers they are if they can’t paint the headlights when they drag the caravan to a site in Normandy each year. :wink: :smiley:

:laughing: Leaving the GB plate on the car after they’ve been back weeks has the same effect.

mrpj:

Coffeeholic:

Harry Monk:

:laughing: Leaving the GB plate on the car after they’ve been back weeks has the same effect.

Ahh. . the humble ■■■■■■■■■ plate . . . . always thought it meant “Good bank” to French o/b :imp:
Have you ever tried to peel one of those stickers off ? - ive still got a “we have seen the lions of Longleat” sticker on the back of my Mk 3 Cortina. :sunglasses: