Number plate missing!

Informed the manager rear trailer number plate missing ,his reply don,t worry about it carry on .

SO WHAT HAPPENS IF I GET STOPPED ,DO I GET THE FINE…any body know. :confused: :confused: :confused: Iif i take it outside the yard it,s my responsibility so i put it in the defect book,to cover myself if vosa or the police stop me …i will point it out to them before they find it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
TRANSPORT MANAGER IS A MUCH USE AS A CHOCOLATE TEAPOT…

By trailer number plate do you mean registration? If you go and sign a defect sheet for it then proceed to take it out your shooting yourself in the foot by saying you knew the vehicle was defected before leaving the yard, remember its your licence and not the transport managers, if I was you I’d demand a) another trailer to take or b) make a card board reg for now with a black marker and if stopped say that on your return journey the reg had been nicked so the cardboard plate was temporary to get back to base

As has been put, as you have defected it your in the proverbial if you get stopped as you knew about it before you left.

Best thing is to not defect it till your back, and if stopped tell them it was there when you left and must have dropped off. But it depends how much of a mood the officer is in as to if he believes you or not. More than likely will be a fine, but by defecting it definatly a fine.

maestegboy:
Informed the manager rear trailer number plate missing ,his reply don,t worry about it carry on .

SO WHAT HAPPENS IF I GET STOPPED ,DO I GET THE FINE…any body know. :confused: :confused: :confused: Iif i take it outside the yard it,s my responsibility so i put it in the defect book,to cover myself if vosa or the police stop me …i will point it out to them before they find it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If stopped by vosa for no number plate is £30 pounds for you and it could affect the OCR score to the company.

Don’t know what will happen but say you tell you TM about the plate missing, he said get on you way, get him to put that on the defect report and sign it.

The other thing is do not put a piece of card on the back with a piece of string with the reg number on it your admitting you know about the defect, £30 fine, vosa my give you a verbal warring if there is doubt about if it was there or not when you did your checks cos if i am not mistaken there is no box on must defect books for trailer plate

Henrys cat:
As has been put, as you have defected it your in the proverbial if you get stopped as you knew about it before you left.

Best thing is to not defect it till your back, and if stopped tell them it was there when you left and must have dropped off. But it depends how much of a mood the officer is in as to if he believes you or not. More than likely will be a fine, but by defecting it definatly a fine.

DON’T say it dropped off !!! That’s loss of load and carries high penalties

delboytwo:

maestegboy:

If stopped by vosa for no number plate is £30 pounds for you and it could affect the OCR score to the company.

Don’t know what will happen but say you tell you TM about the plate missing, he said get on you way, get him to put that on the defect report and sign it.

The other thing is do not put a piece of card on the back with a piece of string with the reg number on it your admitting you know about the defect, £30 fine, vosa my give you a verbal warring if there is doubt about if it was there or not when you did your checks cos if i am not mistaken there is no box on must defect books for trailer plate

Yes, £30 fine for you. It´s all here DVSA roadside checks: fines and financial deposits - GOV.UK, page 40, about 2/3 the way down. You could try saying to VOSA (or plod, it´s a really visible defect, even to an untrained :astonished: eye) that it fell off, but then you´re potentially leaving yourself open to a £60 fine for insecure load. Yes, your TM is an idiot, and if the TCs ever gets to hear he´s wilfully telling drivers to break the law they would have something to say about it. The offence is no-endorsable, maybe print the VOSA FPN document out and the next time he asks, show it to him and get him to confirm in writing he will pay it?