Number plate manipulation

DVSA Enforcement
@DVSAEnforcement

This ‘06’ clearly wanted to be an ‘08’ when it grew up.

Sneaky number plate manipulation won’t get past our team at Sheerness Docks

Another driver forgot how they’d travelled from Eastern Europe to Ireland & back to Kent!
A #DriversHours prohibition will leave him time to reflect.

What is that lent against the van in the last pic ?

Total guess - I wonder if its one of those boards a mechanic lays on so he can look under stuff.

Bin Man:
Total guess - I wonder if its one of those boards a mechanic lays on so he can look under stuff.

New Amazon bra size measurer?

Bin Man:

If thats the case, how times have changed. Used to be a bit of wood with a couple of castors on the bottom.

I’m sorry but this story must be a lie. Robroy told us that people who modify their plates to make them look like something else are all good upstanding law abiding citizens and that the police were wasting their time and should be going after proper criminals.

I think the guy just wants free msa parking.

haveing b k15met instead of bk 15 met makes you a criminal does it… and no it isnt my number plate its one i saw out on the road. there is a world of difference between changing the spacing on the characters and changing the characters themselves

cooper1203:
haveing b k15met instead of bk 15 met makes you a criminal does it… and no it isnt my number plate its one i saw out on the road. there is a world of difference between changing the spacing on the characters and changing the characters themselves

How does ANPR as fitted to traffic cars react to that incorrect spacing?
Does it correctly interpret the plate, or throw up some sort of red flag?
If the screen in front of car crew shows summat wrong, then what? Ignore? I think not. They will think about checking out those plates. The motive of these plate alterations may not be evil, but they do waste time of legitimate police work.
Sure, it isn`t going to stop a more urgent job, but why not stop those who are throwing spanners into the works of normal operations?

cooper1203:

Both are an offence so…yeah both make you a criminal so ultimately there’s no world of difference in the end other than the intent but even then when you’re doing things like using a carefully placed screw with a black cover to try to make a C look like a G or you’re using one with a white/yellow cover to try to make a 8 look like an E or a 0 look like a C then you are also doing it with the same intent as the guy smearing fifth wheel grease over a 6 to make it look like an 8.

If you don’t like the fines or even worse, the Police reporting it to DVLA who will withdraw the personalised number plate from you so you also lose however many hundreds or thousands of pounds you paid for it then the solution is simple, use number plates that conform with the standard they’re supposed to.

Never been a fan when the police/dvla/authorities try and use humour like “He wasn’t sharp enough for our eagle eyed officers” - it doesn’t suit them.

In the first piccie, is that zip ties holding on the front plate?
Not at all suspicious is it!!

Conor:
I’m sorry but this story must be a lie. Robroy told us that people who modify their plates to make them look like something else are all good upstanding law abiding citizens and that the police were wasting their time and should be going after proper criminals.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :blush:

Franglais:
In the first piccie, is that zip ties holding on the front plate?
Not at all suspicious is it!!

No, it’s the clip that hold the number plate protection covers together.

automotivesuperstore.com.au/alt … XREALw_wcB

JeffA:
Never been a fan when the police/dvla/authorities try and use humour like “He wasn’t sharp enough for our eagle eyed officers” - it doesn’t suit them.

Yep, spot on. No worries while the other 999 sneak in right under their eyes.

No pun intended on the ‘999’ btw, not like they would be there in a flash anyway.