NR Evans

That sounds good Paul. I’m looking at 4 on 4 off in the future and live not too far from Aldridge.

Is it £120 for every shift or is there a weekend premium. Say you worked one of your days off, would you get more if a Sunday as opposed to a Tuesday.

Is there anybody on from crosshands depot , I see their wagons regularly, all top notch from what I’ve seen , also says on website that experience is NOT essential , maybe some newbies or class 2 lads worth a look , i certainly might

I try them last year never heard from them, I had about 18 months experience at that time but maybe worth to try again.

Terry T:
That sounds good Paul. I’m looking at 4 on 4 off in the future and live not too far from Aldridge.

Is it £120 for every shift or is there a weekend premium. Say you worked one of your days off, would you get more if a Sunday as opposed to a Tuesday.

No shift premium for weekends or nights, straight £120 per shift, flat rate. Double time on Bank Holidays and triple on Christmas/Boxing/New Year’s days.

Still decent crack though.

My brother worked for them and a friend still does in Cross Hands. Perfectly decent company to work for and decent work on the milk. Neither had/have any complaints. Decent fleet too, they’ve just got a load of new trucks.

Had a call , got to try & work a driver assessment in some time in next week or so

I thought Gaerwen was closing?

Seems like it.

Seems to be a regular thing there.Not good for anyone.

That’s Vion foods who operate from the same location. I know the manager at NR Evans Gaerwen and they are definitely not closing down, in fact they are in the process of changing the fleet of MAN trucks to Scania’s and are taking on more drivers.

kemaro:
Had a call , got to try & work a driver assessment in some time in next week or so

Any joy?

I worked for Evans for nearly five years, running out of the Truckhaven truckstop at Carnforth. Not a bad outfit to work for. 4 on 4 off shift system. £112 per shift, but NO extra for a long shift. Double time on B/Hols and 3x over Xmas/New Year. We were on the Sun Valley contract, which unfortunately ended at Christmas. Mainly straight trunking upto supermarket RDC’s in Scotland. Only criticism was being made redundant, two days before Christmas!! :astonished: :frowning:

Still waiting to sort a day out …