nr evans

Hey guys, does anyone on here work for this outfit? Just wondering whether to apply! It looks like they are struggling to get drivers as the adverts been ongoing for a few weeks now, the only thing that puts me off is the £120 a day which isnt that good if your doing 15s etc but it does go up slightly if you chuck a sat or sun in. :wink:

You’ll be putting the hours in. Depending where you’re working from you could be helping to unload sides of beef as they do deliveries to some of the small meat processors/butchers. You’ll also be carrying hanging beef as well. Some of the places you collect from you need a strong stomach. If they send you up to Ayr you can spend a couple of days up there sometimes going between the Abbatoir at Saltcoates and a meat factory at Ayr.

Father-in-law does some work for them on agency but won’t go full-time cos you’re never home. Expect to max your hours.

seem to get a lot of guys come through my doors from them in derby.

£120 a day sounds like it could be doing some of the traction work they do, easy enough work but probably close to maxing your hours. I did a few shifts out of Derby on agency, I wouldn’t go again, or take a full time job there.

Spoke to a cross hands based driver about a month ago - 4 on 4 off, he tramped, max hours and they will load/deliver anything they can get in a reefer not just the usual meat and dairy.

Also do some home&bargain store deliveries but apparently that’s more the realm of the day/night drivers.

I think money was 120 pr day, 140 sat/sun, can’t recall the night out money.

Said they were desperate for drivers at Cross Hands, and basically if you didn’t smash the unit on assessment you would get a start.

Did say they gave no training on the fridge but he collared another driver.

Other than that he was happy.

They seem to be advertising a lot round here at the min for drivers think the 120 is for a week shift I think it’s more for nights and weekend shifts . I’ve worked for them twice on agency think your looking at average shift between 10-12 hours though there drivers don’t hang around at all ! as majority of there units at Hilton are double shifted they do Dairy Crest , Home Bargins and pull for Tesco on both store and traction saw 1 with a decker on last week all the kits legal and well maintained and u aren’t expected to break the law ever u will love it or hate it !

N R Evans only pay £96 per day out of wales,they are always looking for drivers.they must think us welsh are
desperate.

alans123:
N R Evans only pay £96 per day out of wales,they are always looking for drivers.they must think us welsh are
desperate.

I was about to call your bluff but just looked it up on “indeed” and your right.

I am pretty sure that the daily rate has dropped cos I’m sure I’ve seen £120 pr day advertised for Cross Hands in the not to distant past and the above mentioned chat with that driver sort of confirmed it to me.

They were always my back up plan for when I got tired of tramping/stupid commuting think I’ll have to find another plan.

I was waiting to get on a bay yesterday and one of their motors was on there with a busted up front grill bits missing off the wings and no fuel cap :open_mouth:

And the driver didn’t even attempt to stop the fuel ■■■■■■■ out just drove off!! :open_mouth:

Unbelievable!!

^^^^ peanuts and monkeys spring to mind with drivers like that Stu.

In this week’s Carmarthen Journal, both Mansel Davies (Llanfyrnach) and Wynnstay (Carmarthen) are advertising for drivers. You could often go months without seeing any driving jobs advertised at all; I suspect much of this is the knock-on from the older semi-retired guys giving up after DCPC came in.