Nr evans newport

Hi everyone I’m new to this forum although I’ve been following it for a while now.I have been driving for a company in the Cardiff area for a few years and am looking to move on as things have gone downhill lately (pardon the pun!).I have seen NR Evans advertising for drivers in Newport recently working 5 on 3 off,paying £120 to £145 a day.Is there anyone out there who has recently worked or is working there now who could shed any light on whether the job is any good or not and if they want nights out regular?Thanks in advance for your reply’s.

Phone them and ask! I’m sure they will be positions for day drivers or night trinkets as well as tramping.

Pay sounds OK to me, wish I could get that much up here!

Good luck.
Steve

Hi I did call the number on the website it went straight to answer phone,left message no reply got a feeling it’s not monitored though.

Whenever I see the name N R Evans,I break out in a cold sweat :open_mouth:
About 6 years ago,I did one day for them on agency,class 2 store deliveries,from their Aldridge depot.
At that time,believe it or not,I had never heard of adblue…and I had never driven a wagon ( Scania ) with a 8 speed 2 range gearbox,and I had never delivered anything on wheels :unamused:
Well,to cut a 15 hour tale of woe short…I ran out of adblue,but I didn’t know this at the time,I just thought the engine was “poorly”,I probably reduced the gearbox to scrap :confused:
And I found out that if you unstrap twenty odd cages of milk on a backwards facing slope,then said cages will roll towards you with a horrible rumbling noise and try to fly off the back of your tail lift :blush:
Whilst this doesn’t answer your question…ALWAYS stop on a flat piece of ground :wink:

Two words, Good Luck! ( you’ll need it with that shower of [zb] )