Nozzle Puzzle

Matty72:
Remove the cab torsion bar and wedge that in (might take a while)

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: , probably still quicker than my local fuel station

I carry a small pop rivet, the stem fits neatly into the holes to hold up the latch.

A friend of mine used to wedge his phone in it, it was only a crappy old workphone. It got a bit interesting if it rang.

Given that everyone has one whats wrong with just using the bloody ABS leadā€¦not like you can forget to bring it either ehā€¦bits of wood and cans and other such rubbish ffs :laughing:

I concur the heavy duty safety clip is worth having along tho :slight_smile:

Bring back the days of smartly dressed pump attendants and hand written receipts :laughing:

500ml pop bottle works fine :wink: :slight_smile:

As does the second edition of MMTM rolled up :wink:

If you really pushed you could take your boot off and wedge the toe cap in as well no doubt :slight_smile:

Snowgo:
If in scania the washer bottle or adblue cap does the job perfectly.

One have reserved to the memory banks thanks :slight_smile:

Can only assume they get like this because the same drivers, that everything they touch breaks off in their hands, also fuel up sometimes.

i usually drop my trailer, dismantle the rear axle, and use one of the bearings in it. seems just as quick as all the other methods by the sound of it.

I usually just put fuel in until my hand hurts and then never fill up there again.

If you see me youā€™ll recognise me as I have no nose. I cut it off to spite my face.

Iā€™ve got a new one. Tread depth gauge. Slide it as far out as it will go then wedge the T piece under the handle. Perfect.

Own Account Driver:
Can only assume they get like this because the same drivers, that everything they touch breaks off in their hands, also fuel up sometimes.

Everything I touched today was either already broken or fell apart in my hands.
I darenā€™t even go forra ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€¦

I normally get my wheel brace out and my 5 foot scafold bar and take a wheel nut off,the 32mm fit perfect.By the time ive put it back on ive had my 45 minute break and im good to go :smiley:

I usually use my moffet key, itā€™s always in my pocket! just slip the tip of the key into the hole in the handle. problem with keeping the moffet key with me all the time is it usually comes home with me at the weekend :blush: :blush:

They donā€™t get broken, they get ā€˜deactivatedā€™ by the fuel station. I asked why, and was told: ā€œyou have no idea how long it takes to clear up after a fuel spillā€. I pointed out that it automatically stops when almost full, and that the only times Iā€™ve spilled fuel on a forecourt is when Iā€™m trying to change hands when having to hold the ā– ā– ā– ā–  thing on! He shruggedā€¦ :unamused:

truckstuff.co.uk/products/fu ā€¦ ing-device

I got an old key ring. A fair sized one and straightened about an inch of it out. Put it through the hole and clip the handle up. Sorted. Its always on my key ring. How marvelous!

grumpybum:
They donā€™t get broken, they get ā€˜deactivatedā€™ by the fuel station. I asked why, and was told: ā€œyou have no idea how long it takes to clear up after a fuel spillā€. I pointed out that it automatically stops when almost full, and that the only times Iā€™ve spilled fuel on a forecourt is when Iā€™m trying to change hands when having to hold the ā– ā– ā– ā–  thing on! He shruggedā€¦ :unamused:

One ar Rugby truckstop doesnā€™t autostop, as the ECM driver found out yesterday morning. He was busy chatting in his cab on the phone, with diesel overflowing from his tank. Heā€™d wedged a pair of gloves to hold it open. :unamused: