Now what choice to make

Hello from the newbie,

Came across this forum and find it very inetresting indeed :smiley:

Have a choice to make and not sure whats the best…

I passed my Class C afew months ago and now feel ready to take my Class C+E.
But I’m not sure if I shouold take it with a wagon & drag or in an artic. I am tempted to go with wagon & drag, any advice please?

Lots of previous posts on this subject - do a search and it may help you to make a decision, good luck with your course whichever you choose

John :slight_smile:

Also look at what the school that you passed your C has to offer. If you were happy with their training and vehicles then it’s half the battle.

Passed my C+E last August in a W+D. From my own experience I wish I had trained on an artic. I nailed the reversing in 2 hrs on a W+D, but I decided to pay for 2hrs familiarisation on an artic. Got into reverse it and was all over the place.

Whereas I passed on W&D in November. Took a 4 hour Artic course including reversing, coupling and general driving and nailed it in one.

It is a topic that has been done to death on this forum.

There are trainers that only provide W&D. There are trainers that only provide Artic. They will have their own biased opinions on it.

Also take a look at what the local schools have to offer as travelling distance will either mean forking out for accommodation and uprooting for a week or long travelling times at start and end of day.

My personal opinion is… Get the category on to your licence the easiest way you can. Then if you need to cross train onto the other combination, you will at least have no pressure in having to pass a DSA test on it.

Oh and Welcome :slight_smile:

Depends where your based :wink:

Welcome RF,
i feel the same way i want to stay with the company i passed my Class C with, and take my test with W&D but feel i will have had no driving experience with an artic , it is a dilemma ! :confused:

Have said this before have an assessment in both then make up your mind to see how you feel in them & how the reversing goes simple as that

As you will get several different answers depends on the instructor tbh

Pass it the easy way :wink:
Then have a few hours on an artic, cheaper in the long run as your more likely to pass 1st time

Hi there rubberfrog!

Welcome onto the forum. Oh, and congrats on getting your cat C. :sunglasses:

I think Dean is right, just get that category on your licence in the easiest way possible. I know everybody is different but apparently it is considered that W&D is the easiest one of the two, so go for that, but like others have said, you might be best off actually having an assessment in both types before deciding what would be best for you.

All the best with it whatever you choose mate! I do believe you will be giving yourself a better chance of employment if you get that C+E category on your licence as well.

Good Luck. :sunglasses:

Thanks for all the welcomes and good advice :smiley:

Would it show on my licence whether I took my test in a W+D or in an artic?

Nope :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

No. It just comes back as a CE category

rubberfrog:
Would it show on my licence whether I took my test in a W+D or in an artic?

Why would it :question: dont think there is space for it on your licence

Does it show how many minors you got on your Cat C test or your score on theory or HPT :question:

As it dont on mine