Now the snow has gone

Spring is in the air and the snow has gone, woo hoo :laughing:

Not quite as nice as it seems though, this is what we’re having to deal with now

This was on I-29 north of Fargo ND yesterday, the road was closed southbound, at the time I went up the water was 8" deep on the road, the ditches in the middle and at the sides are around 10’ below the road so getting it wrong is not going to be pretty, the worst part is that the rivers flow north, so it’s all heading to Canada :cry:

My yard (sorry gremmie, the yard belonging to the company I work for :stuck_out_tongue: ) is within half a mile of the Red River which is expected to flood, the town and many surrounding towns are under threat of evacuation, so it will make life difficult for a good many weeks to come, flood levels are expected to exceed those of 2009 and that was a total PITA, the yard, with my car in it, was cut off for over a month and getting home in the unit involved a detour that added 2hrs to the trip, getting to and from the border took an extra hour or so too :cry:

Just an observation, the Ice Road Truckers need it to be frozen before they go anywhere near the lakes, how hard am I? I don’t even need it to be frozen to drive over a lake :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing:

not good mark,we are quite lucky up here on the escarpment ,i saw them putting the diversion boards up at winkler on sunday but was told its single lane at brunkild ((on3) as waters on the rd that will really screw up the diversion if that floods.
still got a fair bit o snow in the garden yet but you can hear the sump pumps going when im out wi the dog
jimmy.

Yes let the fun begin, 120 mile detours to the border and not an extra cent on the rates. You would think that the North Dakota/ manitoba govermets would get together, to widen/deepen the Red River and to better dyke the cities in a 1 time perminent way. Instead of the anual multi million sand bag fiasco, that doesn’t really help much, as this situation is only going to get worse each Spring.

never mind making money out o trucking …its the sandbag industry we should be in!
anyhooo are you all marooned yet in niverville island? dont think ill be hauling out o grunthal quarries for a while…

JIMBO47:
never mind making money out o trucking …its the sandbag industry we should be in!
anyhooo are you all marooned yet in niverville island? dont think ill be hauling out o grunthal quarries for a while…

here is good, so far !!!

How the [zb] did you know where the road was in the later pics? There are no visual references unless you could see where the road re-appeared. :confused:

Rob K:
How the [zb] did you know where the road was in the later pics? There are no visual references unless you could see where the road re-appeared. :confused:

I couldn’t see it at all, not a fan of driving in that I have to say :cry:

newmercman:
Spring is in the air and the snow has gone, woo hoo :laughing:

Not quite as nice as it seems though, this is what we’re having to deal with now
This was on I-29 north of Fargo ND yesterday, the road was closed southbound, at the time I went up the water was 8" deep on the road, the ditches in the middle and at the sides are around 10’ below the road so getting it wrong is not going to be pretty, the worst part is that the rivers flow north, so it’s all heading to Canada :cry:

My yard (sorry gremmie, the yard belonging to the company I work for :stuck_out_tongue: ) is within half a mile of the Red River which is expected to flood, the town and many surrounding towns are under threat of evacuation, so it will make life difficult for a good many weeks to come, flood levels are expected to exceed those of 2009 and that was a total PITA, the yard, with my car in it, was cut off for over a month and getting home in the unit involved a detour that added 2hrs to the trip, getting to and from the border took an extra hour or so too :cry:

Looks crap,but “lovely weather for the duck” :smiley: Our valley has flooded in places but nothing like that,fingers crossed we’ll be o.k. after the next few days.

newmercman:

Rob K:

Aha… on closer inspection of the full size pics there are cone thingies marking the edge of the road every so often, so not that hard to see where you’re going after all. :wink:

Rob K:

newmercman:

Rob K:

Aha… on closer inspection of the full size pics there are cone thingies marking the edge of the road every so often, so not that hard to see where you’re going after all. :wink:

Yeah cone thingies, not exactly known for their resistance to strong currents :open_mouth: they move a few feet and you’re in the ditch, a ditch 10ft lower than the road surface, which as you’ll more than likely flip over into will make things a little wet in the cab :laughing:

newmercman:

Rob K:

newmercman:

Rob K:

Yeah cone thingies, not exactly known for their resistance to strong currents :open_mouth: they move a few feet and you’re in the ditch, a ditch 10ft lower than the road surface, which as you’ll more than likely flip over into will make things a little wet in the cab :laughing:

Well not cones, but marker sticks or whatever they are. They appear to be fixed anyway, so no drama.

Yup was down that way this time last year, alot more water this time around. Dont imagine I will be able to get my mail at Harwood for a few weeks.

Rob K:

newmercman:

Rob K:

Those aren’t cones those are the fence posts for the farmers fields. :laughing: :laughing:

Hwy 1 Transcanada flooded/closed Regina too the MB border
Hwy 1 from Grenfell to Sintaulta is flooded . Hwy barricaded and flag persons in place. Be prepared to stop. Local detour on Hwy 47, 15 6.
Highway 8 from Moosomin to Rockenville is closed flagperson on location. No local detour.
Hwy 1 from Grenfellto Sintulta is flooded. Hwy barricaded and flagpersons in place. Be prepared to stop. Local detour on Hwy 47, 15 and 6.

Hwy 1 from Regina to Grenfell closed due to flooding. Barricades flag persons on location. Local detour on Hwys 47, 15 and 6.
Or go no to this web site for MB closures.
roaddata.gov.mb.ca/map/gmap/map. … 9.8&zoom=9

I can’t believe no-one has spotted the UFOs in the 2nd and 3rd pics. :open_mouth:

Rob K:
I can’t believe no-one has spotted the UFOs in the 2nd and 3rd pics. :open_mouth:

Thats not a UFO thats a duck getting the hell out of there. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Locals are worried about flooding here aswell, The bottom of the ditches is about 10" below the road surface. If we get much more snow melt / fall there will be chaos on the roads. So far 3 Gophers have been evacuated and it is feared that many more will have to move out of their homes if the water doesnt receed.
Not to mention the locals wont be able to go golfing, as this is the road to the golf club … :grimacing: :grimacing:

All joking aside, I hope your guys out east dont get affected too much by the floods.

Rob K:

My wife was looking at some other pics I took during that trip, they were from up in Montana, she saw the UFO and I told her it was close to a big airbase up there, maybe because of the publicity they’d stopped messing around with aliens in Roswell and were doing it up north, I kept it going for a while, saying it couldn’t be seen by the human eye, but the camera had caught it, all spooky stuff :open_mouth:

In reality it’s a chip in my windscreen :laughing: :laughing:

It’s back :frowning: