Now its french fines

seeing as the spanish fines got a bit of a reaction how about todays events,
britladinspain was stopped today at the peage at artenay by the friendly gendarmes :imp:
he has been fined 750euro because he has taken 4 days weekend rest without an attestation form.
now i know the attestation forms are a legal requirement but he needed 45+21 and he had another 21 which would have been due next week so he took them all at once as loads last week were quiet, the gendarme has told him anything over the legal minimum needs an attestation form :open_mouth: :imp:

to top this all off a german next to him has been fined 4500 euros but this is the real stupid one, apparently now in france you can’t drive 10 hours a day even though its a EUROPEAN law and he’s done 10 hours driving.

anybody heard such rubbish about this new french rule? sounds ridiculous to me :confused: :confused:

Why does this not surprise me? Only in France hey :unamused:

Probably true boys, I live in France and the Gendarmes are a law unto themselves

Sapper

The French must have been given targets for contributions to govt budget via fines…

Or does a French minister have shares in a paper mill?
Less than required minimum = printout, more than required minimum = atestation form

More fool the German for paying it, you need to ask for the Capo, the head cherang.

There have been no major modifications to the drivers hours rules recently, and the latest changes made in France apply to localised weekend traffic bans

As an aside, these are the nationwide driving bans for 2011 in France

Public holidays, 2011

1 January New Year’s Day
25 April Easter Monday
1 May Labour Day*
8 May Armistice 1945*
2 June Ascension
13 June Whit Monday
14 July Bastille Day
15 August Assumption
1 November All Saints’ Day
11 November Armistice 1918
25 December Christmas Day*

I agree about the german should have asked for superior or not paying but when britladinspain comes back off this trip to gonesse I’m sure he’ll tell us what he told me and the boss on the phone this morning.
the gendarme told him that you can no longer do a 10 hour drive in france, now for me thats against european law so how can they try that on? bar stewards thats what they are :imp: :imp:

Did the French let britladinspain in on the secret of how long you can legally drive for now?

Sir +:
Did the French let britladinspain in on the secret of how long you can legally drive for now?

yes john, 9 hours if you’re not french or about 6ish if you’re french because they need more time in the day to practice their gallic shrugs :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

welshboyinspain:
I agree about the german should have asked for superior or not paying but when britladinspain comes back off this trip to gonesse I’m sure he’ll tell us what he told me and the boss on the phone this morning.
the gendarme told him that you can no longer do a 10 hour drive in france, now for me thats against european law so how can they try that on? bar stewards thats what they are :imp: :imp:

i thought france was not in the eec. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

browncow2:

welshboyinspain:

neither is Amsterdam apparently as they seem also flout general human rights laws letting the likes of you in :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Vascoingles:

browncow2:

welshboyinspain:

neither is Amsterdam apparently as they seem also flout general human rights laws letting the likes of you in :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Just to fill you all in,

Monday 31st Jan got stopped at Artenay peage at 9.30 by our french friends, the usual, 28 days tachos,truck papers and CMR please, and follow me. After checking everything he said tres bon driver :astonished: except day 20 to day 24 of Jan what were you doing :confused: , i tell him taking my legal break after being away a couple of weeks and an extra day or so with my new little family, he says no bon, you need a letter to say you have been on holiday, so i explain again in my best french it wasn´t a holiday, but no joy :confused: The fine 750 euros per day not coverd by certificate :open_mouth: , but seen as you have good tachos you only have to pay the one lot of 750 :exclamation: thanks i say. Phoned the boss to which he replies ■■■■■■ ■■■■ :exclamation: So wait for the bosses son who was loading in Paris to come and bail me out with his trusty credit card,finally got away at 17.30 and missed my delivery in Gonesse :imp: so went for a couple of beers :smiley:

1,As for the German who paid 4500 euros it was for bad driving hours, if your gonna run like that, don´t do it on a peage and don´t get caught, they also arrested a Romanian driver who was behind me so they are doing some good :wink:
2,And as for the 10h driving, he said not bon in France anymore they don´t like it, so not sure if it is a law change or just another way of making money from us :smiling_imp:

All i can say is only in France :unamused:
Hope this is helps :slight_smile:

When this german gets home, i reckon there’s gonna be trouble. they’ve fined him 4500 euros.
they told Hitler, that they didn’t like his paintings. and look what he did :laughing: .

limeyphil:
When this german gets home, i reckon there’s gonna be trouble. they’ve fined him 4500 euros.
they told Hitler, that they didn’t like his paintings. and look what he did :laughing: .

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: