Now, for a change, a pro EU remaining thread

kcrussell25:

Carryfast:

kcrussell25:
thats assuming that Le Penn doesn’t get in and take France out of the EU anyway

^ That’s what is terrifying the Germans and its bankers on the basis that if we leave Hollande is probably toast.Leaving Germany as the head of a basket case economic grouping made up of mostly Eastern Europe,Greece,Italy and Spain.In which EFTA overnight becomes the dominant relevant economic group headed by us if we’ve got any sense thereby reducing the dominance of Germany in Europe.

Hollande is gone anyway I think. If not Le Penn it will be Sarkosy by people voting tactically to keep Le Penn out.

That’s the bit in which I think Brexit might be a game changer regarding the Le Pen vote being that Sarkozy is more sympathetic to the EU project and the French will probably decide ( rightly ) that without the UK contribution the question is can they even afford to support the remaining basket case.That’s even without the immigration question in France v Merkel’s Eurasian plans.

politico.eu/article/nicolas- … elections/

I’ve noticed large UK contribution comes up a lot.
Guess what, all those countries outside of EU have to contribute anyway to the EU’s budget, if they want to have access to the EU market,
here is a link I have found just by typing Norway’s EU contribution

eu-norway.org/eu/Financial-c … za1AfkrLIU

Now population of Norway is 5 271 000, uk’s is at least 12 times that, so what UK’ contribution is going to be, if it wants to have access to the EU market when it leaves?

Now matter if you are in the EU or outside you need to contribute, I bet Eastern Europeans would love to be in our situation having to contribute now, rather that being ravaged by both wars, all whatever was of value there being stolen, and them locked up in communist system for 50 years, and having to deal with Russia on daily basis.

uote=“Carryfast”]

kcrussell25:

Carryfast:

kcrussell25:
thats assuming that Le Penn doesn’t get in and take France out of the EU anyway

^ That’s what is terrifying the Germans and its bankers on the basis that if we leave Hollande is probably toast.Leaving Germany as the head of a basket case economic grouping made up of mostly Eastern Europe,Greece,Italy and Spain.In which EFTA overnight becomes the dominant relevant economic group headed by us if we’ve got any sense thereby reducing the dominance of Germany in Europe.

Hollande is gone anyway I think. If not Le Penn it will be Sarkosy by people voting tactically to keep Le Penn out.

That’s the bit in which I think Brexit might be a game changer regarding the Le Pen vote being that Sarkozy is more sympathetic to the EU project and the French will probably decide ( rightly ) that without the UK contribution the question is can they even afford to support the remaining basket case.That’s even without the immigration question in France v Merkel’s Eurasian plans.

politico.eu/article/nicolas- … elections/

I think France is Le Penn vs someone. Hollande is so unpopular that they will get behind Sarkozy.
Regarding if they can afford the increase that is true but do remember that France makes a lot back from CAP so it a bit different for them to us

internetfan:
Guess what, all those countries outside of EU have to contribute anyway to the EU’s budget, if they want to have access to the EU market,

Now population of Norway is 5 271 000, uk’s is at least 12 times that, so what UK’ contribution is going to be, if it wants to have access to the EU market when it leaves?

Now matter if you are in the EU or outside you need to contribute, I bet Eastern Europeans would love to be in our situation having to contribute now, rather that being ravaged by both wars, all whatever was of value there being stolen, and them locked up in communist system for 50 years, and having to deal with Russia on daily basis.

I haven’t looked so won’t argue the figures as I have no idea if they are right or not. Just remember that you meed to allow for GDP, cost of living and exchange rates. I remember seeing that teachers in Switzerland earn about 120k USD per year. Sounds incredible and all teachers would move there, until you find that the cost of living makes that a “normal” wage in that country

internetfan:

Feel free to explain why anyone with any sense would want to contribute anything for the privilege of being a net importer of EU products and being ruled by zb Merkel and Junker. :unamused: As I said if the EU wants to get into a tarrif war with a UK led EFTA then bring it on and let’s see who blinks first.Which is what we should have done in 1972 not join the scam. :unamused:

As for the Eastern Europeans.Russia walked away more than 20 years ago and it’s now time for the scrounging zb’s to look after themselves.Not expect us to keep subsidising them.Although the question remains as to why were the secessionist former Yugoslav states so keen on Nationalism and independence in the breakup of Yugoslavia for example.But were then queuing up to join yet another Federation in the form of the EU.

kcrussell25:
I think France is Le Penn vs someone. Hollande is so unpopular that they will get behind Sarkozy.
Regarding if they can afford the increase that is true but do remember that France makes a lot back from CAP so it a bit different for them to us

The downside of Merkel’s Immigration policies and having to make up for the lost UK contribution and the issue of French sovereignty within a Federal Europe v upside of the CAP would probably swing it in Le Pen’s favour.Dependent on actually how large the immigrant vote already is in France. :open_mouth: Whatever happens it’s better that the issues can be settled democratically now in that regard than leave future generations of French and Brits to have to fight to get their countries back. :bulb:

The solution to all this seems obvious to me.In the form of a Confederal European system which returns total sovereignty to the seperate states,including immigration policy,no one pays in more in contributions than they get out,and no state can create a trade surplus environment ( Germany ). :bulb:

My take on this is if we leave the EU we should leave the current trade agreement as well to STOP the imported labour from EU countries , We don’t even need to bow down to the EU for trade deals If we deal with them it should be on our terms not theirs, and we can trade with the rest of the world If we leave the EU we should dump the existing trade agreements

tommy t:
My take on this is if we leave the EU we should leave the current trade agreement as well to STOP the imported labour from EU countries , We don’t even need to bow down to the EU for trade deals If we deal with them it should be on our terms not theirs, and we can trade with the rest of the world If we leave the EU we should dump the existing trade agreements

Being a net importer of EU products realistically means that we can just give them an offer they can’t refuse.In that we rejoin EFTA abolish the requirement for the EEAA with no changes to existing trade arrangements,also to apply to all EFTA member states.There’s no reason why that lot should take any more than a week to sort out.