Novice advice for nights out

Afternoon all,
So on friday I got a panicky from the agency. Their normal driver had decided he didnt want to do a route for whatever reason,and ask could i do it. Of course i said yes with out a blink of an eye.

Now as i was getting ready I did a little planning abd worked out the the down to Plymouth, would take 4 and a bit hours, a little less for the return. So i thought to myself its going to be a night out.
Lucky the cab was a sleeper.

Ok so the question is, the night heater will it drain the battery engine like wise for lights and ■■■ chargers. I only turned them on as and when as i didnt know if i was going to wake up to a flat battery.
Any advice is much needed.

Night heater won’t flatten battery , in the winter I have mine ticking over on 18/19deg C all night
12v ■■■ socket will cut out at a certain voltage
I also have 2 fridges running as well no problems

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers blue,
I was thinking it wouldnt but I wasnt 100% sure,but now I know.

Thanks again Blue

The cigarette lighter might drain the battery, had it happen to me in a crappy Volvo last year, ended up stuck in the Scottish highlands for a few hours when I tried to get going in the morning. Called the boss and he asked if there had been much traffic go past to see if I could ask anyone for a jump start!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My last truck (67-plate Stralis) had a fridge fitted. Still started fine on a Monday morning after leaving the fridge running all weekend.

Bear in mind that some trucks have a system which cuts the power to the 12/24v sockets, interior lights, etc (not sure about the night heater) after a certain amount of time in order to protect the batteries.

Yes, with a decent set of batteries, you should be able run the night heater all night and still fire up the motor in the morning.

One other tip for nights out , always do a WiFi scan if you’re parked on an industrial estate [emoji6]
I’m currently parked up and using the gyms free WiFi that’s opposite me and the view can be good [emoji6]as well [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Thanks guy, love the help. Blue thats very sneaky I like it cheers

Did the wifi thing with a Travis Perkins depot in Leeds.

Also left night heater running all night when its cold along with the fridge and started fine.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

CookieMonster:
The cigarette lighter might drain the battery, had it happen to me in a crappy Volvo last year, ended up stuck in the Scottish highlands for a few hours when I tried to get going in the morning. Called the boss and he asked if there had been much traffic go past to see if I could ask anyone for a jump start!

What’s the odds you would have had that flat battery anyways, not using the cig lighter?
Sounds like a set of dud batteries.

Franglais:

CookieMonster:

What’s the odds you would have had that flat battery anyways, not using the cig lighter?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
spot on, the first time they let you down,(unless you’ve done something stupid :blush: ) replace them, you cant polish a turd…

m.a.n rules:

Franglais:

CookieMonster:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
spot on, the first time they let you down,(unless you’ve done something stupid :blush: ) replace them, you cant polish a turd…

It was a hired wagon, first time I’d used it. Apparently the alternator didn’t charge the battery properly. Spoke to the mechanic at the time, apparently it’s a pretty common fault with Volvo’s from a few years ago

blue estate:
One other tip for nights out , always do a WiFi scan if you’re parked on an industrial estate [emoji6]
I’m currently parked up and using the gyms free WiFi that’s opposite me and the view can be good [emoji6]as well [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

This I don’t believe, photos please in the section, Today’s view from the windscreen" :smiley: