Nottingham/ish work

Hey Guys and girls

Currently in the process of moving to Nottingham (North part of the city) from just down the road in Leicestershire. After some info about work that is commutable from where I will be living. (happy up to about 30 miles from an NG6 postcode)

Looking at going back on the agency after a stint of permanent employment. I’m after day work (no nights out), morning starts and I’m not keen on general haulage/pallet network stuff. I should add I have done a lot of supermarket/store delivery type work in the past and have no problems with the handball this involves. Also happy with straight forward trunking/trailer swap hence the list below. If anyone knows which agency(s) supply drivers for said company it would be much appreciated. Please feel free to add any place I may have missed and also any comments about either agency or company and what they are like to work for.

Wilko’s (Worksop)
M & S (Long Eaton or Castle Donnington)
Hovis (Watnall)
UK Mail (Bulwell)
Knowhow (Newark)
Boots (Beeston)
NFT (Alfreton)
CO-OP (Castlewood)
B&Q (Worksop)
NR Evans (Hilton) - Did a stint for them back in 2013 but it may have changed

Thanks all

ADr network at Alfreton do Castlewood and Alfreton.

The NFT work is paid at less than the full-timers, and frequently cancelled. I have seen them cancelled when they actually turn up.

The co-op work sometimes pays well by all accounts.

Taylors at Mansfield? Lockwoods are around that area too I believe. Sports Direct if you can stomach it.

No day work at Sports Direct as the container work is for blue-eyed boys/those infirm and cannot do store work.

I should doubt that Alan “we don’t run out of time at Taylors” Taylor will suit him as he appears to avoid general/pallet network work

Judehamish:
ADr network at Alfreton do Castlewood and Alfreton.

The NFT work is paid at less than the full-timers, and frequently cancelled. I have seen them cancelled when they actually turn up.

The co-op work sometimes pays well by all accounts.

NFT Daventry was the same - it was one of the few places where the permanent guys earned more than the agency. This never bothered me as I liked the work and was happy being agency at the time. Not good to hear to about cancellations though, despite their horrible reputation I never got cancelled by ADR when I was at Daventry, most times I could even virtually pick my start time.

Judehamish:
No day work at Sports Direct as the container work is for blue-eyed boys/those infirm and cannot do store work.

I should doubt that Alan “we don’t run out of time at Taylors” Taylor will suit him as he appears to avoid general/pallet network work

Didn’t know for a fact but I took an educated guess that all the store work at Sports Direct was night work and mostly double manned.

As for Taylors, well the less said the better both from the type of work and the reputation.

Thanks for the input though guys

MRCT do the world’s steadiest work for pizza factory at riverside. 6 hours usually get and get paid for 8. you might do 2 runs to stobarts at j27 in that 6 hours, I’ve known it be just the 1 before. If 80ish quid a day will do u then it’s the easiest job I’ve ever done. Not sure what agency they use but the depot is at yearsleys at holmewood. I know they have a couple of local lads out of notts though as the units only need to go back to be dieseled up once a month on 1 particular job (4 trips from one factory to the other on the same estate. Drop trailer and wait an hour for the next to be loaded)

Try Rod at Reynolds recruitment,good bloke

Reynolds got wagons on the road but asks for flexible agency bods on website ■■■■ that zzzz.
Lockwoods was and still is steady from what I hear but requires nights out and is general.
Boots beeston 27 ish salary but never over your 48 paid.
Taylor’s, say no more :grimacing:
Best of the bunch is co op castle wood, 32.5k salary mixture of shifts but shop work which you said you’d be happy with.
It’s dead here.

You do not want to do NR Evans.

Great bear soon to be opening a depot at 29a.

What’s wrong with Evans Conor? Hilton seems half decent? My old man is there and I hope to start in 3 weeks when I pass my class 1. Is that a bad move? The money is ok too