Notifying VOSA of vehicle details

Just been granted an operators licence but just wondered what was the easiest way to notify them of my vehicle registration etc to be printed on the disc. I didn’t have the vehicle before I applied so didn’t include and vehicle details in the application. Just wondered if anyone had ever emailed their case worker with these details? Cheers.

register for their online service, and you can do that online, they will send the disc out to you when you have done it

xfmatt:
Just been granted an operators licence but just wondered what was the easiest way to notify them of my vehicle registration etc to be printed on the disc. I didn’t have the vehicle before I applied so didn’t include and vehicle details in the application. Just wondered if anyone had ever emailed their case worker with these details? Cheers.

There is an online portal to add, remove or make changes to the directors. It might take a couple of days to get a membership password

tan.gov.uk/Operator/authfil … _login.asp

You can

View a basic licence summary of the operator licence records we hold for you to check your records are up to date and track the progress of major applications
Change your correspondence address records and trading name
Add/remove directors (Limited companies only)
Add/Remove Transport Manager (Standard National (SN) or Standard International (SI) licences only)
Add/Remove Operating Centre(s) and/or increase/decrease authority
Search registered bus services by selecting the “Bus registration Search” option (PSV operator licences only)
Print the Advert Template for Operating Centres (Goods operator licences only)
View and check your Correspondence Inbox. If you stated you wanted to receive correspondence from VOSA when you registered for self-service, you will now be sent documents electronically in most cases instead of through the post. You will be notified by e-mail to check your correspondence when something has been placed there
Pay licence fees On-Line using the “Payment of licence fees On-Line” option. Payment can be made using: Visa debit/credit card, MasterCard or Maestro/Switch when your operator licence fees are due
Submit Electronic Bus Service Registrations (PSV licences with registered bus services only)

As has already been said, do it on Self Service (which I am pretty sure from when you have said previously you are already registered for). When I swapped wagons I did it in there and the disc for the new one arrived within 2 or 3 days.

Paul

Thanks for replies. I expected to be able to put vehicle registration in there but wasn’t sure about notifying them of the type of trailer I would be using!

Cheers

xfmatt:
Thanks for replies. I expected to be able to put vehicle registration in there but wasn’t sure about notifying them of the type of trailer I would be using!

We’ve just bought our first artic and been through this. Apparently you don’t need to notify trailers to them - just make sure you comply with the limit on your licence.

Will

xfmatt:

Cheers

As above. I didn’t think this bit mattered so much either, as an owner driver could be pulling any number of different types of trailers for a customer, daily or even seasonally.