Notifying traffic commissioner of speeding offence

Hi all,
I’ve recently joined the countless list of motorway variable speed limit camera victims, I’ve accepted the 3 points and £100 fine and sent my license off, but I’ve heard I’ve also need to tell the traffic commissioner of the offence.
can anyone tell me:-

1. is this correct?
  2. if so, how would I go about doing this?

it was always my understanding that this only applies to the more serious offences.

Cheers all.

Nah…it’s bullshine

Tell nobody anything…Doh :laughing: :laughing:

One of the TCs gave guidance on this earlier in the year. they don’t want to hear about minor offences dealt with by Fixed Penalty. If the offence was committed in an HGV it would form part of your record and be taken into account when dealing with any more serious matters later.

Its you responsibility to notify your employer, and it is your employers responsibility to notify the traffic commissioner.

Like I say…bullshine

■■■■ them! Tell them ■■■■ all

Early-Riser:
Hi all,
I’ve recently joined the countless list of motorway variable speed limit camera victims, I’ve accepted the 3 points and £100 fine and sent my license off, but I’ve heard I’ve also need to tell the traffic commissioner of the offence.
can anyone tell me:-

1. is this correct?
  2. if so, how would I go about doing this?

it was always my understanding that this only applies to the more serious offences.

Cheers all.

Couldn’t you do one of those course things for speeding that saves you getting points :question: ,

weeto:
Guidance for drivers: Large Goods Vehicles (vehicles over 3,500kg) - GOV.UK
Its you responsibility to notify your employer, and it is your employers responsibility to notify the traffic commissioner.

please note the word “guidance” not “law”, its up to you and your employer - but if it goes ■■■■ ups them its another thing to hit you with, like the common myth that you MUST do daily walk round checks - you don’t have to, but… if they find your are not doing them, then they will look harder for something to get you for

yer pays yer money and you takes your choice!!

Tell nobody nothing. :grimacing: NEVER VOLUNTEER INFORMATION. :unamused:

Fatboy slimslow:
Tell nobody nothing. :grimacing: NEVER VOLUNTEER INFORMATION. :unamused:

It was Dozy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When your licence is up for renewal…theres a space at the bottom that asks for convictions and penalties…if it applies to you, you can write it in there, but Vosa has access to DVLA so will probably know about it and just record it on your records…dont worry.

truckyboy:
When your licence is up for renewal…theres a space at the bottom that asks for convictions and penalties…if it applies to you, you can write it in there, but Vosa has access to DVLA so will probably know about it and just record it on your records…dont worry.

Even though they probably do know, they want to see if you are honest enough to admit it, they may not say anything if you don’t until they invite you in for an unrelated matter, then add it to your other offences, just like insurance companies do when you lie to them.