Notice Periods

Well, in the end I was required to work 4 weeks. Having just completed 3, I used 5 days holiday which means as of Monday, I’m a tipper driver again. Seeing out the notice and not jacking has kept a bridge unburnt; At my “exit interview” I was told they didn’t want to lose me, and the jobs given to me during my notice period weren’t too bad in honesty.

Colingl:

truckermarcus:
3 months notice would be classed as unfair terms!

What makes you think that? :confused: That is the notice period I’m on and it works both ways. I’m happy with it.

I agree - my previous role (non driving) required 4 months notice which worked in my favour when i took voluntary redundancy (it meant they also had to pay me 4 months wages) :smiley:

Muckaway:
Well, in the end I was required to work 4 weeks. Having just completed 3, I used 5 days holiday which means as of Monday, I’m a tipper driver again. Seeing out the notice and not jacking has kept a bridge unburnt; At my “exit interview” I was told they didn’t want to lose me, and the jobs given to me during my notice period weren’t too bad in honesty.

Best way to do it IMO. Always got something to fall back on should things go pear shaped.

Before I started my driving job I hated my old workplace with a passion and couldn’t wait to get out of there but I did it all by the book. That way then there’s no comebacks on you and you don’t have to have the agro’ of things like wages being stopped etc.

Good luck in the new job BTW!

by law they must pay you every penny they owe you, whether you give a years notice or one day, but as said I like to be fair with them as you never know when you may be stuck for a job!

I’ve always worked for small family firms and given them as much notice as they need, The contract usually said one week but leaving on good terms was more important than a silly bit of paper.

Muckaway:

Is always better to leave that way as you never know what the future holds. I will be possibly doing it tomorrow myself.

It does drag though,I’m 1 week into a 4 week notice period. Still on the up side only 3 more weeks to go. :slight_smile:

Muckaway:
How long does your employer require from you, when you hand in your notice?
There’s a clause in my contract which means they can ask for upto 4 weeks notice. I gave a week, but they wont say if I need to stay for another three. Very annoying as I can start new job asap…

1 week,paid every two weeks