Nothing on tachochart

Managed to get work doing class 1 for an agency(never done class 2 as went stright onto 1), but out of my 2 drives so far both tachos failed.

Its a radio/cd sized one with a drawer.

Only info record on chart was on very inside of chart. Should i place driver 1 chart under or on top of the flap inside.Plus i assume they face up?

Regards

John

Driver 1 goes on top of the flap, Driver 2 goes underneath

Thanks for the reply…Well i cant really compalin about no training…if a company would take me on full time i may even strape my loads better etc.

Have to ask guys in folk lifts lame questions like how to i undo the side curtain!!!

I’ve learned a lot in 2 days and driven 740 miles!

I got a 03 plate iveco twin sleeper and high roof with i shift first drive (bloody excellent)- a 52 plate DAF last drive…the DAF is no more modern than the N reg DAF i learned in!

John

P.S I assume face up also?

seroxatmad:
Managed to get work doing class 1 for an agency(never done class 2 as went stright onto 1), but out of my 2 drives so far both tachos failed.

Its a radio/cd sized one with a drawer.

Only info record on chart was on very inside of chart. Should i place driver 1 chart under or on top of the flap inside.Plus i assume they face up?

Driver 1 card goes on top of the main flap, the bigger one you lift to insert 2nd driver chart, but you need to make sure it is tucked under the small flap in the top left or the two small tabs top centre depending on the make of the tacho head.

To check to see if it is recording properly use a spare chart and after inserting the chart properly and closing the drawer, reopen it. If all is well you should see a straight line drawn across the speed trace area from the outer edge to where the inner hour markings are. If you don’t see this marking you should bring it to the attention of someone in the office as the unit could be faulty.

Hi

Its defo user error as its been both the iveco and daf that my charts didnt work.

I will ask another driver next time.

Thanks.

As already said put the card under the
flap marked D then put it over that middle
thing letter E. Also there might be a red light
stay on in the clocks indicating an error with
the tacho which should go out. The new ones
I have used where a triangle in the rev counter.
Older key type tachos used to have a red led light
near the clocks or sometimes a amber led.

Hi

Dont know if becuase my first 2 tachos were bank - but instead of receiving a call from the agency for my next shift i was told the female manager said i needed experience.

The guy had said from the start i was a new driver!

So not only do I have no driving job I turned down a job (in my old trade) that paid 14 quid an hour becuase i started driving.

So you can quess im a little '#@~ off!

Thanks anyway.

Just reading some other posts from the author, I wonder why they thought they were going to pass a driving test, earn £18 an hour and get a new blinged up truck immediately. all this with no experience. and more importantly no clue about even the basics

A lot of people have worked their way up through the transport industry.

No the £18 is for me doing my old trade…a design draughtsman!!! Designing electrical substations and power stations…

I expect nothing more than 7-7.50 an hour for class 1…im not that thick.

Maybe you need to read my posts again…

How do you think i could afford the 2500 to pay for both the tests…

seroxatmad:
Thanks for the reply…Well i cant really compalin about no training…if a company would take me on full time i may even strape my loads better etc.

Have to ask guys in folk lifts lame questions like how to i undo the side curtain!!!

I’ve learned a lot in 2 days and driven 740 miles!

I got a 03 plate iveco twin sleeper and high roof with i shift first drive (bloody excellent)- a 52 plate DAF last drive…the DAF is no more modern than the N reg DAF i learned in!

John

P.S I assume face up also?

Touchez