Nothing else matters

Heard this on the radio this morning (Nothing Else matters) ;
Metallica, yes
Miley Cyrus & Elton John■■? Just NO. what are you thinking of? Are you mad?!!! :imp:

One of my favourite Metallica tracks.Brilliant.Even done it on karaoke.Not so brilliant.Elton John and Miley Cyrus?Should be a law against it.

Here’s a question then: Did Metallica name themselves after teh Metal genre or was the metal genre named after Metallica :question:

Can’t beat those lads from Sheffield: Def Leppard : Absolutely huge in the USA selling out stadiums in minutes of ticket release.
Pour some sugar on me .

Heard it myself on Radio2 - another great song massacred :smiling_imp:

ETS:
Here’s a question then: Did Metallica name themselves after teh Metal genre or was the metal genre named after Metallica :question:

it was down to the genre, mainly due to black sabbath…

Tarmaceater:
Can’t beat those lads from Sheffield: Def Leppard : Absolutely huge in the USA selling out stadiums in minutes of ticket release.
Pour some sugar on me .

I get ya! And this was like Wigfield doing ‘Animal’! :open_mouth:

I never liked Gary Kemp but was very good playing a Kray, and the law suit and court case over money with the band but lately they have played a few songs from his new album and it’s brilliant and catchy tunes that slowly grow on you and Martin plays bass on one of the songs all be it for two minutes.
On tv interviews he comes across as shy and nervous but I just assumed he was ignorant and arrogant.

LazyDriver:
Metallica, yes
Miley Cyrus & Elton John■■? Just NO. what are you thinking of? Are you mad?!!! :imp:

Got to agree but… metallica`s version of “ecsatcy of gold” by the late great Ennio Morricone really ■■■■■.

Tarmaceater:
I never liked Gary Kemp but was very good playing a Kray, and the law suit and court case over money with the band but lately they have played a few songs from his new album and it’s brilliant and catchy tunes that slowly grow on you and Martin plays bass on one of the songs all be it for two minutes.
On tv interviews he comes across as shy and nervous but I just assumed he was ignorant and arrogant.

Did you see that spoof rockumentery the Kemps did? Forget the name of it now, but they really took the ■■■■ out of themselves. Very funny.

I did see the Kemp spoof documentary and it was laugh out loud , two London lads that didn’t take themselves too seriously.

nexus8:

LazyDriver:
Metallica, yes

Got to agree but… metallica`s version of “ecsatcy of gold” by the late great Ennio Morricone really ■■■■■.

There are some good covers of original songs too. I’m a Disturbed sound of silence fan. Though I accept Some are not. And Muse’s Summertime is outstanding. But then you get Madonna doing American Pie and realise these are the exceptions…

On a side note, (loosey related as Radio 2 appears in this thread somewhere). I had my text read out by Ken Bruce this morning, re. veggie bacon. Q :smiley:

Tarmaceater:

That Kray/Kemp film was crap imo…even Freddie Foreman said so in his book,.the Tom Hardy film was much better.
I’ve read numerous books on the Krays from all sides of the story.
When the film was made the Krays were still alive, so there were fears of repercussions if it was made accurately, so it was made based on a version of events by the twins themselves.

As for Gary Kemp,.I’ve always had him down as pretentious and a bit up his own arse, he’s even ditched his S.London accent.
Was quite surprised he took the ■■■■ out of himself in that mock documentary, but suppose it shows he’s got a sense of humour after all.

I just googled it, It’s called, ‘The Kemps, all true’ and is on the BBC iplayer.

If anyone gets the chance to see the 80’s DJ set by Martin Kemp , I can guarantee it will be a brilliant night out but as soon as comes on , he literally cranks up the handle on his mixing desk to full blast .