Note to self

Next time I am put on shunting duties and given a normal unit, I must not go into the office half way through my shift complaining and insisting that next time I am shunting, someone gives me a TUG…

Didn’t quite think that one through, did I? :blush: :laughing:

:open_mouth:

I was quite happy shunting with a nice little 3 series Scanny day cab and used to do so regularly , perfect shunting and urban delivery tractor had the steering lock of a tug, having to do it with a modern ■■■■■■■■■■ sleeper cabbed heap, especially if its got satans gearbox, no ta.

Big problem though, have you been trained and signed off with a Tug? H&S rules.

Juddian:

Nope, I have driven one and shown the other shunters I know what to do but as I have not done the “Operating Procedures” ballharks, no can do [headbang]

trubster:

Juddian:

Nope, I have driven one and shown the other shunters I know what to do but as I have not done the “Operating Procedures” ballharks, no can do [headbang]

That’s buggered it then, you couldn’t possibly cope without some geezer in a spotlessly clean hi vis teaching you how to do the job you’ve been doing since the year dot… :unamused:

trubster:

Juddian:

Thats it now trubster you have gone and done it ,you will now end up shunting nearly all the time to cover hollidays etc,i did the exact same ,got tug trained then ended up in the yard full time for 3 yrs,BUGGER, :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

There’s a couple of Ladies in our office I wouldn’t mind getting a TUG off. Wink wink (or should that be W… W… ?)