Not wearing seatbelt legal advice

Pulled not wearing seatbelt over 2months ago they have optimist sent letter to me am I still eligible to pay I thought was 28day’s they had

Best legal advice is to wear one. Safest option as well. Can I ask why you were not wearing one?

psv8:
Pulled not wearing seatbelt over 2months ago they have optimist sent letter to me am I still eligible to pay I thought was 28day’s they had

Just bend over and take it!

psv8:

I’d fight it all the way, if they pulled you then they had all the details they needed there and then so no reason for it to take 2 months to send the summons, you definitely need to read up on it further but I reckon they’re out of time.

£100 fine heading your way mate

Law says wear a belt. You weren’t. End of.

psv8:

Was you given a fixed penalty notice when you was pulled ?

Assuming you have received a Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) you have 28 days in which to identify the driver of the vehicle.

You must have received the NIP within 14 days of the offence, and if the issue date on the NIP is more than 14 days after the offence you can reject it by returning it stating that you reject it because it is time barred.

albion1971:
Best legal advice is to wear one. Safest option as well. Can I ask why you were not wearing one?

Pregnant !!

If you were pulled over then they have 6 months to prosecute you.
As a belt has no penalty points and a £100 fine I think I’d just pay up and treat it as a lesson learned.
Did they pull you over for anything else or just a belt.

Stanley Knife:
Assuming you have received a Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) you have 28 days in which to identify the driver of the vehicle.

You must have received the NIP within 14 days of the offence, and if the issue date on the NIP is more than 14 days after the offence you can reject it by returning it stating that you reject it because it is time barred.

That’s for speeding.

Stanley Knife:

Think you’ll find the NIP has to be received by the registered keeper within 14 days, not necessarily the driver

If you want legal advice, go to a lawyer. Will probably cost you more than the fine though. If you had a defence you should have stated it at the time. If you did state it, the Bill have decided they don’t believe you and want to put it before a court. Personally I would pay up…

You probably got a TOR these days. Basically it apppears the same as a ticket in appearance. Gets sent to the Central ticket office for the force who then send out the fine notice and that’s when the 28 days to pay start from. Just depends how much of a backlog they have to get through.

was you stop at the side of the road? did he give you a little yellow (i think) bit of paper?

Was pulled into strensham, services. Given ticket told would hear something in 28days

psv8:
Was pulled into strensham, services. Given ticket told would hear something in 28days

Not being a Lawyer, I think that the 14 day rule applies to camera evidence ie speeding etc and if its a Company owned vehicle the Company must respond in 28 days with the driver details and then the Authorities have to prosecute within 6 months
If you are informed of NIP or a fixed penalty notice at the time of being pulled that is all that`s needed, in your case is the fixed penalty notice,to which you can state your reasons when you get it.
Suggest you contact a Lawyer for proper legal advice on how you stand,if your in a Union make an appointment with their Lawyer they are usually free.

psv8:

Just write back and say they are out time on this one. They will check it themselves and if theyre in the right theyll write back and say youd better pay up fella. If they see its a balls up on their part.... youre off with it!
Thats what I`d do. Cheapest and best way forward.
As for the goody two shoes on here…I hope sincerely that you get off with it and if you do let us know. Stuff em. Nowt better to do.

That is a great reply cheekymonkey well done.

You must be reported within 6 months of the evidence being fully available, and not necessarily from the date of the offence. So for example it takes your boss 27 days to id you as the driver who committed an offence, that’s when the clock starts.