Not very nice Aldi

I know this store well as I have delivered to it in past… and with the current bridge closure by it I know for a fact that folk are dumping cars at the store and walking to the shops over the bridge.

Infact ladt friday I struggled to get on the bay in question with a 7.5 tonner as some daft ■■■■■■ was parked up to the bay.

I just did a 45 point turn to get out!

Bimbo on wheels to blame

there is no way in hell she didnt know that wagon was trying to get in during 4 hours of horn blasting and comotion,she probably looked out and said “am not moving it,theres no double yellas” while supping a mug of overpriced filter coffee and chatting ■■■■ about who’s pregnant and about her nails.

■■■■ the ■■■■■.

No sympathy here, blowed if i’d be paying for the damage either if i was Aldi gaffer.

Police it seems were a waste of time when contacted, no surprise there then.

Juddian:
No sympathy here, blowed if i’d be paying for the damage either if i was Aldi gaffer.

Police it seems were a waste of time when contacted, no surprise there then.

yep but they suddenly got interested when she ■■■■■■■ about her window damaged.

I think we need to realise that most members of the public, understandably, have no idea what space goods vehicles need to manoeuvre. It’s easy from our position of knowledge to call this woman thick, but if you had never worked around trucks do you think you’d have seen a big problem with parking there? I don’t think the question of “will a lorry need to reverse around this corner?” would ever enter your mind whilst in your own bubble of parking up for work.

That area should have hatched markings on the ground/double yellows to show it should be kept clear. Bottom line is that Aldi had no right to break into her car, it’s criminal damage pure and simple. They had obviously just forgotten to put their barriers out that morning & paid the price, should have paid for a recovery firm to move it properly.

rob22888:
I think we need to realise that most members of the public, understandably, have no idea what space goods vehicles need to manoeuvre. It’s easy from our position of knowledge to call this woman thick, but if you had never worked around trucks do you think you’d have seen a big problem with parking there? I don’t think the question of “will a lorry need to reverse around this corner?” would ever enter your mind whilst in your own bubble of parking up for work.

That area should have hatched markings on the ground/double yellows to show it should be kept clear. Bottom line is that Aldi had no right to break into her car, it’s criminal damage pure and simple. They had obviously just forgotten to put their barriers out that morning & paid the price, should have paid for a recovery firm to move it properly.

+1

Daft bimbo for sure, but if Aldis are bad at anything it’s planning their sites with deliveries in mind. A bit of yellow paint and signage and she wouldn’t have had a (waxed and pedicured) leg to stand on. Our local Aldi, which I frequent cos its mix of quality and cheapness appeals to a tight-but-aspirational git like me, is terrible in this respect. The poor sods who do day deliveries (with 45 foot trailers) have to reverse in from the entrance through a sea of morons ambling obliviously behind then crank it hard onto a bay at the narrowest part of the car park, with cars/vans occupying nearside bumper-catching territory opposite. A total nightmare and every time I see it I think rather them than me, despite all the awful places I’ve had to squeeze artics and wagon & drags into in the past, I wouldn’t want to do this one with a rigid. It’ll take somebody getting squished to change it but I have a horrible feeling it’ll happen one day. :unamused:

rob22888:

And what significance do hatch markings and double yellow lines have on private property ■■

Why should Aldi pay for recovery ■■? selfish bint should have to pay all costs

Supermarket car parks are for customers and not for employees of other businesses to park all day.
I have no doubt the aldi staff would have tried to locate the owner in the store failing that they had to get the car moved.
It’s not to say she deserved to have her car pushed into a bush but with the steering lock on, maneuverability is very limited. :smiling_imp:

Hang on a mo, Aldi, Lidl etc stores are smaller units, they are cheaper priced than the major supermarkets and have smaller premises, they simply don’t have the land space available to have one way systems and delivery points well away from their car parks as the big players do.

Budgens and Kwik Saves were worse than Aldi Lidls in many cases, but generally cars parked in the way were customers so when you turned up at their stores you gradually cleared and claimed your manoeuvering area as customers parked in the way left…CUSTOMERS by the way for the hard of hearing, the most important people in any company, who pay all of our wages.

The person who abandoned this car wasn’t a customer at all and from the article (if it can be loosely referred to as that for this discussion) left her car in Aldi’s car park for customers use regularly whilst she worked herself to a frazzle in a make up parlour.

I wonder what you who amazingly sympathise with her would do if she dumped her car in your driveway and you couldn’t do what you needed to do, would you wait 4 hours before shifting the heap.

speedyguy:

rob22888:

And what significance do hatch markings and double yellow lines have on private property ■■

From the pic it looks like she was parked on a road not a car park
At the end of the day Aldis sell food that’s all not life n death stuff if the lorry can’t get in due to acsess the stuff would have to be delivered by alternative means ie front door or stuff goes back to Rdc n comes back later I’d love to no how Ud feel if your car window was smashed n damage caused
If Aldis don’t want there acsess blocked they need to educate the minions who drive cars n parking them there by placing appropriate signage markings etc I’m sure if there was bright yellow hatched markings on the floor also it would eradicate the problem

She nor anyone else are likely to park there again so thats a result.

monarch of the highway:

speedyguy:

rob22888:

From the pic it looks like she was parked on a road not a car park
At the end of the day Aldis sell food that’s all not life n death stuff if the lorry can’t get in due to acsess the stuff would have to be delivered by alternative means ie front door or stuff goes back to Rdc n comes back later I’d love to no how Ud feel if your car window was smashed n damage caused
If Aldis don’t want there acsess blocked they need to educate the minions who drive cars n parking them there by placing appropriate signage markings etc I’m sure if there was bright yellow hatched markings on the floor also it would eradicate the problem

really? You have never seen cars parked on double yellows. Pedestrian crossings, hatched areas with a solid white line etc etc etc? Signs are ignored by the selfish and it isn’t up to any business to teach people to drive. Even driver training schools only teach them to pass a test which is why only a very small minority of car drivers can actually drive

Whatever happened to the sport with a bunch of people “bouncing” cars & moving them into corners where its impossible to drive out?

peirre:
Whatever happened to the sport with a bunch of people “bouncing” cars & moving them into corners where its impossible to drive out?

These days? if you could find 4 proper blokes (other than in the rugby club) at any one time prepared to risk chipping their nail varnish, then more than likely that lump of painted plastic masquerading as a bumper would come off in their mitts at the third bounce.

There’s a thread on here somewhere about having a lorry ticketed for parking on a loading bay in central Manchestoss.

I wonder what the reaction from the “I drive a truck, therefore I own the road” brigade who frequent these boards would have been if he’d had his lorry, sorry, “truck”, broken into and damaged, then moved because another lorry wanted to use the bay?

I somehow doubt that it would be “he’d got what he deserved/ serves him right/ ■■■■■■’ muppet, what’s he expect/ prick,” etc, etc…

Some of you people need to lighten up and realise that the world doesn’t revolve around you. Either that or change the name of this site to “PrimaDonnanet” :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

■■■■■■■:
Maybe shifting it with the aid of a trolley jack, followed by the application of a wheel clamp would have made a more appropriate statement to this self centred-bimbo?
Or perhaps if they`d had the savvy to put some yellow paint down in the first instance…

+1 exactly what i thought when i read this thread.

Surprised one of the staff didnt have a mate`who could have removed it in 15 seconds with no damage whatsoever. :laughing:

rorymotorbiker:

Cotswoldcrunch:
I also know a driver who when blocked in, will go and tell people “who owns the (whatever)? I’ve just run into it.” The owner can’t get there fast enough to find no damage but the driver then asks them as they’re there, can they move it please? :laughing:

yup done that

+1

peirre:

I used to work at a fast food outlet and somebody did the same. We bounced it across the car park. It was hilarious when the owner came back and couldn’t work out what happened.

Also I was delivering in London early one morning about £20 years ago) and someone had parked on double yellows and an artic couldn’t get round it and couldn’t go back. The Police had been called and the traffic was starting to mount.(me among it) Eventually the copper just waved the artic drive on and he just shoved it out of the way with his rear wheels. Wouldn’t happen nowadays

midlifetrucker:

peirre:

I used to work at a fast food outlet and somebody did the same. We bounced it across the car park. It was hilarious when the owner came back and couldn’t work out what happened.

Also I was delivering in London early one morning about £20 years ago) and someone had parked on double yellows and an artic couldn’t get round it and couldn’t go back. The Police had been called and the traffic was starting to mount.(me among it) Eventually the copper just waved the artic drive on and he just shoved it out of the way with his rear wheels. Wouldn’t happen nowadays

i was blocked in at a co op in London by an illegally parked BMW. The coppers called for a street to street recovery which means the offending car is recovered then dumped a few streets away. It solves them hunting down the owner as they tend to report their car as stolen and they are asked to come in to fill out a form :laughing: