Not tuck but coach related

Interesting to see what people think of that?

Warning it isn’t easy to watch cause the guy gets knocked unconscious and the dog is very scared as well so you have been warned.

The guy has replied to Ashley on his YouTube comments and is ok as is the dog.

I can’t say I agree with Ashley that the camera car could have done better really. Yes all round observations could have been better when on the roundabout but the coach driver in my opinion is fully to blame. I also cannot believe the coach driver was not prosecuted for it to be honest. Also that the coach operator apparently had no camera footage from the coach which I also find unlikely given buses and coaches are usually covered in cameras.

youtu.be/HazhFOL5QYU

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Um give way to the right!

Try watching the video again. The coach was nowhere in sight as he entered the roundabout.

If anything the only critisism I can come up with was he was slow entering and going round the roundabout.

Unless I’m missing something here, coach was already going round roundabout, no traffic lights, when car joined roundabout in front of him contravening give way to vehicles coming from the right rule. Car driver at fault. Even if coach was at give way line on his approach, car should still have given way to vehicle from the right as coach was obviously joining the roundabout.

Cars at fault . Coach was already on roundabout.
Considering the time wouldt be supiresed if car driver was high on drugs or something…and he was going at speed

Without full footage (as opposed to a fixed view dash cam looking straight ahead with no view to the right) you can point as many fingers as you want but ultimately its been looked at and deemed not worthy of a prosecution no doubt using tacho data which would have had speed data etc.

Normally they have telematics too and the lack of onboard cctv doesn’t sound too far wrong - there’ll be about 30 cameras on that but that’s not to say all 30 will have been maintained. That’s an old style Caetano Levante coach which stopped being made in 2016 so at the very least it’s six years old. More most likely. Coaches I’ve driven of a similar age and also viewed cctv on of similar ages often threw up an odd camera that didn’t work, it’s convenient but not impossible. I suspect the police would’ve requested the footage too.

The reason the view to the right is important is because its a big open roundabout and I’d find it hard to imagine even with the coach going a rate of knots and straightening the island that it would have just been able to “sneak up” out of view in the few seconds it took the car to get across the width of three lanes.

The coach came from the right through a green light apparently, at far too fast a speed and also straight lined the roundabout.

The coach is never visible anywhere even near the roundabout as the driver entered the roundabout.

For the coach to arrive upon that car in a few seconds from not even being in sight he was driving far too fast. No one can defend his speed especially as he had passengers on as well. The coach also had plenty of time to blast his horn at the car which may have given more time to react to the situation.

In my opinion the coach driver has assumed because his light was on green that all entries to the roundabout are light controlled when that is not the case. And either way travelling far too fast and straight lines the roundabout at a dangerous speed.

As I said the car driver was dawdling a bit and could have got a move on in the first place and it probably wouldn’t have happened but I still fail to see how anyone can justify the coach drivers driving.

I have replayed the video over and over at slow speed and when the car is approaching and entering the roundabout not once can you either see the coach or even a reflection on the wet road of any headlights!
However the coach WAS a National Express so I can bet my house it was driven by a bellend at a far too fast speed!

simcor:
For the coach to arrive upon that car in a few seconds from not even being in sight he was driving far too fast. No one can defend his speed especially as he had passengers on as well. The coach also had plenty of time to blast his horn at the car which may have given more time to react to the situation.

In my opinion the coach driver has assumed because his light was on green that all entries to the roundabout are light controlled when that is not the case. And either way travelling far too fast and straight lines the roundabout at a dangerous speed.

As I said the car driver was dawdling a bit and could have got a move on in the first place and it probably wouldn’t have happened but I still fail to see how anyone can justify the coach drivers driving.

Maybe, maybe not. As I said without all evidence all you’re doing is giving an opinion on which some parts you may be right on.

I too think he was probably flying into the island, probably straight lined it, probably assumed all entries were traffic light controlled (that one I’m not so sure of as Nat Ex do service routes therefore have a “route” so it’s likely that driver would have crossed that island before at some point - aka prior knowledge).

Also i still maintain that a forward dashcam doesn’t show everything and can’t be used as sole evidence no matter how many ■■■■■ decide they judge, jury and executioner. For a start unlike a human a camera has no peripheral vision, also it can’t rite to view sideways (like a neck can for example). *more on that later.

I’m speaking with TM hat on from my days on Megabus which did the same thing as Nat Ex. We have opinions about the what and the why, but the one thing screams out to me is the no prosecution. We know police were involved and we know there was injury so the bar for an investigation was met therefore they’d have looked at tacho data, telematics and their own accounts. Yet still no prosecution when they had a possibility to hammer a professional driver…■■?

*Reference camera footage… I was doing a coach handover in Lyon and there was some guy causing aggro. This was at midnight ish in a car park in the centre of Lyon so not the best area. My two colleagues were big units (I’m 6ft 3in and 15st) one Ex Hungarian army and other other ex polish special forces. It got a bit out of hand so they dragged him out the way and “straightened” him out. The cameras pick up purely defensive movements but my peripheral vision seen this guy getting a bit of a kick in… the camera only sees what its pointing at…

trucken:
Unless I’m missing something here, coach was already going round roundabout, no traffic lights, when car joined roundabout in front of him contravening give way to vehicles coming from the right rule. Car driver at fault. Even if coach was at give way line on his approach, car should still have given way to vehicle from the right as coach was obviously joining the roundabout.

Watch the rest of the video, the coach wasn’t on the roundabout or anywhere in sight when the car entered the roundabout. He came through a traffic light controlled road from the right of the camera car. He was taking it no doubt because he assumed his traffic light was probably on green that all junctions were traffic light controlled. That is my opinion on it anyway. He also had 2 or 3 seconds to blast his horn which would have been time better spent trying to brake and or steer round the car.

I bet the insurance cost was a few quid, written off the car. Driver unconscious and probably passenger injuries on the coach

It appears the coach may have been on the limiter in cruise control approaching the roundabout, and saw green and straight lined to go straight on. Hence why the driver slowed up and looked and enter the roundabout.