Not the right place

Ever been mis directed?

I remember when I first started driving, I was in Edinburgh looking for an address, I asked, yes said the well dressed man who I asked, I know the place well, I work around the corner, I will take you there. Surprisingly he took me across town, got out and told me just turn left and your there. I turned the corner to be faced with a huge building site, turns out the place I was looking for was just around the corner where i was when I picked the guy up.

Another incident was when I was delivering chemicals to to farms in a 16T, this was in Lancashire. Oh said the lady I asked it is up there pointing to a lane. I ended up driving up a hill along a single track road, and I did come to a farm, a derelic farm, a derelict Saab and I think it was an Audi blocked the drive and I had no choice but to back down again.

This week I was given an address Bookers Royton, searched sat nav, searched Google no Bookers in Royton but found Best Foods that was closed, so asked OK streight through the lights I was told, right at the end. AS soon as I went through the lights I had my doubts, but being an idiot I carried on, dead end. So sat abut reversing, got to a point I thought I might be able to spin round but couldn’t. Eventually someone was opening a large yard, I asked if I could spin round, they were very grumpy, told me never to come down here again as there is no where to turn round - as if I would and yes I know now - but they let me turn round in the yard!

Ages ago had delivery to some company on an estate near Liverpool.
I drove onto the estate was a smallish one drove down it twice.
Couldn’t find it.
Googled place rang the number some woman answered said have a delivery am outside DPD depot where on estate are you.
She couldn’t help said DPD you sure think you have the wrong estate i read address I had she said that’s right. Address and put phone down on me.
So drove around saw a truck beimg loaded ask the flt driver he said yeah yeah place you want is next to DPD parcels building has no name on it set blue gates and he’s. Was right.
Yet woman spoke to when was outside didn’t know.
You can’t.make.it.up at times.

Worst one had delivery central London someware got to adresss fella said enterance you need is round the back.
Said it’s a bit of drive round to get there due to one way roads. If it’s ok I’ll jump in direct you I said fine.
Half way round roads were tight stupid bollards and lampposts parked cars on a corner the guy got out. I thought great he’s going watch me round . Looked in mirror he was walking away basically left me.
I eventually got there he said he was scared thought I was going to hit something and he didn’t want be a witness or be involved it it. he did apologize though