Not really a diary, just a couple of pics from my week

as work is a bit quiet for me at the mo, a couple of my mates who run trucks have got me to do a few jobs this week

did a night run to spitalfields market, then across to weston international market at heathrow, then up to high wycombe, park up for a few hours shut eye then tip turf at 6.30am and empty home (im doing this run sunday/monday if you see me give me a wave!)

i also did a 2am dartford monday morning for my mate badger

this was the truck, i had already shunted a trailer from his yard in stowmarket to felixstowe docks, collect another and bring it back, this one came from ipswich docks, where the ever so friendly secutiry guard was a tad upset i interrupted his sleep/tv time by wanting to get a trailer!! the trailer was a right heap, lights were like a christmas tree when i picked it up, luckily got it sorted and off we went, its been a long time since i have driven a truck with a bit of weight on the back too! hats off to the forklift driver at asda, who was helpful and quick, and got pallets around the posts of the trailer (cos a couple simply wouldnt move!) the picture was taken at chelmsford services where i stopped for a 30 minute break, where i also saw this

dotnt think he has quite got the hang of coupling up yet…

i also did 2 other shunts to turn the trucks round for their drivers, this x reg was a trip down memory lane (almost!) my first artic was a t reg 4 series

then the woeful misfortune of this thing

the only good thing was it was a 500, other than that ill have the x reg scania back please!!!

i may be doing a bit more of this sort of thing this week, if you see me in passing, give me a wave!

good stuff mat, were the pics taken on your fone? not up to ur usual high standard :grimacing:

mjbaron:
good stuff mat, were the pics taken on your fone? not up to ur usual high standard :grimacing:

they were mate, on the trusty i phone, didnt bother taking the camera and tripod with me

what didnt you like about the magnum…

diggertony:

Yes,for interest, what didn’t you like? I passed my test in one so no great exp but seemed fine to me… :confused:

diggertony:

the fact that its french, and has magnum possibly (and also it aint a black daf?) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

euromat:

dotnt think he has quite got the hang of coupling up yet…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A guy I used to work with used to do that when he parked up overnight - couldn’t stand the din the fridge made. Long story really but basically when he took the job on they were doing boxes but the gaffer couldn’t make it pay and started on reefers instead, and the money was too good to pass up so he stuck with it. Anyway, one night he parked up round the back of Iceland in Swindon and dropped the trailer, parked up behind it and shut the curtains. Next morning he gets up and makes himself some cornflakes, opens the curtains and there it was - gone! :laughing: Turned out one of the other drivers had tipped at Iceland a bit later on and seen him parked up round the corner so went and parked up elsewhere, dropped his trailer and then went and got his and took it to where he was parking up for the night. Much amusement all round, especially when he had to phone up the gaffer to tell him about his missing trailer. :grimacing:

euromat:

i know a lad who had a load of tyres on board in a container and parked like that so that nobody could get into the back door’s instead when he woke up he found out thats the whole lot had been nicked haha made me laff like, ya’d of thought he would of backed up to a wall

thick ■■■■ !!

mark h:
i know a lad who had a load of tyres on board in a container and parked like that so that nobody could get into the back door’s instead when he woke up he found out thats the whole lot had been nicked haha made me laff like, ya’d of thought he would of backed up to a wall

thick [zb] !!

:laughing: :laughing:

Cheers for the pics Euromat, I like the Volvo in the first pic, nice :sunglasses: .

how many times did you get in the wrong side mat?

diggertony:

i didnt like the ride, maybe its cos im more used to a 4x2, but it just seemed to shake and wobble all over the place, driving position wasnt great and it had an auto box, although its a i shift so its as good as an auto gets i guess (million times better than dafs effort!!) i did remember to have the gloves on when getting in and out so my hands didnt get dirty!!! i would of much preferred to be in the x reg scania all night over the magnum!

gogzy, i didnt get it wrong once, i did last year when leaving the metro arena, i wondered why it seemed so tight getting out when it was easy going in, only when i got to the top of the road i thought, hang on, i should be on the left :blush: :laughing: :blush: :blush: luckily it was nighttime so no one was about!

euromat:

diggertony:

i didnt like the ride, maybe its cos im more used to a 4x2, but it just seemed to shake and wobble all over the place, driving position wasnt great and it had an auto box, although its a i shift so its as good as an auto gets i guess (million times better than dafs effort!!) i did remember to have the gloves on when getting in and out so my hands didnt get dirty!!! i would of much preferred to be in the x reg scania all night over the magnum!

gogzy, i didnt get it wrong once, i did last year when leaving the metro arena, i wondered why it seemed so tight getting out when it was easy going in, only when i got to the top of the road i thought, hang on, i should be on the left :blush: :laughing: :blush: :blush: luckily it was nighttime so no one was about!

yea the magnum does wobble and i mean its not the best truck in the world but i just like them for some reason,

and the best auto ive driven was on a terberg shunter, smooth as you can get. no jerking or anything when reversing and in total control.

The only good Magnum was Tom Selleck. Renaults are just poor imitations :laughing:

Nice one Mat keep em coming its nice to see whats going on back there

nianiamh:

only if you keep us informed of your antics over there so i can keep emigration options open!

euromat:

nianiamh:

only if you keep us informed of your antics over there so i can keep emigration options open!

Will do Mat, but never mind keeping options open for over here mate get it done now sooner you start it sooner youll be out here doing it From the work youve been on in the past mate i am sure itll be right up your street out here, I tramped for 12 yrs then on nights for 5yrs and all for BRS/EXEL/DHL so id never worked very hard :laughing: but i love the job out here its like being set free after the UK.

So get it done now and any help you may need just ask mate if i can i will help.

Cheers
Neal