Not home for Xmas?

Well the driver has pleaded guilty and will be sentenced on 22/11/12 so I would presume he will be spending the next couple of Xmas’s at Her Majesty’s pleasure. It sounds like the judge doesn’t quite believe his plea in mitigation :open_mouth: :wink: No tacho or hours problems so it will be interesting to see what the further investigation in to cause throws up.

I was travelling Northbound at about 0530 the day after it happened and the EPS outfit was still parked on the hard shoulder/lane 1 it was difficult to make out the exact position but the front of it didn’t look badly damaged, it wasn’t until I got into the factory that I found out just what had happened.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-18521042

Regards
Dave Penn;

What I find really worrying in this case, is the request to the Judge to have the case dealt with without revealing why the collision occured. I would have thought that would go against him, when the Judge considers the fact of the case, and any mitigating circumstances. I think he’s looking at a min 5 year custodial.

Another sad story with no winners again :frowning:

Whatever the other investigation finds out, there is no doubting that he hit a stationary vehicle on the hard shoulder killing someone. Within being a marked police car, I would be pretty sure that it had all its flashing lights on making it very hard to miss, even from a distance. So if his eye was that sore, why did he continue driving?
He is meant to be a professional driver that should know better and I think the court will come down hard on him.