Not fixing the defects!

There,s a few drivers i work with at the moment that don,t write down the defects at all :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Why? :open_mouth: cos they don,t get fixed anyway :unamused:

How dull are they? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

If you don,t record the defects then how are they ever going to get fixed. :blush: :blush:
Look after number 1 record every defect,no matter ,what anybody in the office says!

Sounds like the firm has got what it wants and broken the drivers! :unamused:
In the present climate I’d just leave…

My company take the wagon off the road straight away so i’m never shy to put a defect in.

maestegboy:
There,s a few drivers i work with at the moment that don,t write down the defects at all :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Why? :open_mouth: cos they don,t get fixed anyway :unamused:

How dull are they? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

If you don,t record the defects then how are they ever going to get fixed. :blush: :blush:
Look after number 1 record every defect,no matter ,what anybody in the office says!

I did two shifts for a company like that whilst on agency. Being a fresh faced newbie, I didn’t know any better.

At the end of the day, it’s your license, and you know for a fact the company won’t back you up when you get stopped.

Defect is a defect reported or not and its the Drivers who is responsible to ensure the vehicle is roadworthy before he/she takes it on the highway.
Its the Drivers Licence thats at stake,cos all the irresponsible Boss will say is we have defect procedure if Drivers dont tell us, we don`t know until the vehicle gets serviced.

What kinda defects are we talking about here? op defects or pg9 defects?

Of about 20 trailers , there are at least 3 I won’t pull because the abs light doesn’t go out or comes on intermitantly . I sure no one else defects them apart from me :unamused:

This thread has reminded me of a question I meant to ask ages ago. On defect notes where it says " (whatever) tick or X" do people leave them blank if there are no defects and just tick the “nil” box, or tick everything necessary plus the “nil” box? I always thought you were meant to tick every necessary box as a way of saying “checked it.”?

Muckaway:
This thread has reminded me of a question I meant to ask ages ago. On defect notes where it says " (whatever) tick or X" do people leave them blank if there are no defects and just tick the “nil” box, or tick everything necessary plus the “nil” box? I always thought you were meant to tick every necessary box as a way of saying “checked it.”?

Ours actually say tick to confirm a nil defect.

Bit of a daft one really. As we have a box for load security. I used to leave it blank if I was empty, but got pulled up for it by the office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does a defect form ask about the speed limiter? How can you check that without driving it? Hence I part fill in a defect/check sheet before leaving and do the rest after the first load.